Group 94R Battery and Tray Question

MajD

Hi guys.

My 2018 JLUR did not come with the Tow Package and Group 94R battery, just the standard Odyssey Battery 48-720 would be the direct fitment. However, I do a lot of Jeep camping and I run a lot of stuff off of my battery (dometic fridge, charge done batteries etc) and want to go with a larger Odyssey ODP-AGM94R H7 L4.

My question is, and I can't find the answer anywhere that there is a definitive difference between the battery tray sizes on the tow-package and non-tow package JLUR? If there is are you able to modify tray to fit a larger battery? I can only find a single part number from Mopar so I'm guessing it's the same tray for both battery sizes.

Second question is the tow package came with a slightly larger alternator. Any concerns with running the larger battery with the smaller Alternator? I believe it's a 240 Amp in the package vs 220 Amp on a normal Rubi.

-Chellis

kevman65

Hooked
I believe there is a spacer in the battery tray. I can't confirm this because I haven't had my battery out to see if there is a place for one.
I have the larger battery so I wouldn't have the spacer, but my tray would be able to accommodate a spacer if all trays are truly the same.

If you confirm there is a spacer, I have read elsewhere that a 95R battery also fits.

MajD

I believe there is a spacer in the battery tray. I can't confirm this because I haven't had my battery out to see if there is a place for one.
I have the larger battery so I wouldn't have the spacer, but my tray would be able to accommodate a spacer if all trays are truly the same.

If you confirm there is a spacer, I have read elsewhere that a 95R battery also fits.
Thanks, I'll disassemble when the battery comes in and post back if I had to remove a spacer.

jeeeep

Hooked
there is a spacer in the tray, easy to remove. the only real issue is the felt battery liner may not fit.

Some have the larger liner, mine did not

correction, it's called a battery heat shield

Last edited:
Top Bottom