Grinding Sensation on Gas Pedal above 60 mph

Gampr

What’s up everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

I’ve been feeling this grinding sensation on my gas pedal once I pass 60mph on the freeway. Sometimes it feels like it’s an oscillating/rhythmic grinding sensation.

And sometimes it feels like the gears are just spinning without giving power. I let off the gas to drop a gear and the power catches again.

I don’t feel this driving under 60mph though.

Anyone ever have this issue? Maybe the gears or wheel bearings or transmission?

I have 5.13 gears, rcv shafts, 1350 JE Reel driveshafts. Just had the front driveshaft replace because of a slight misbalance but the grinding is still there.

Lots of things it could be, I would start by checking your trans fluid is a good color doesn't smell burnt and the correct level.
Then move on to the harder things, wheel bearings, diff fluid, transfer fluid, pinion bearings, removing driveshaft and test driving, etc.

But since you said it feels like its only at a certain speed and sometimes you cant speed up when accelerating makes me think trans.

Gampr

Thank you so much.

All fluids were recently changed… transmission, diffs, and transfer case included.

I will take the Jeep to my shop tomorrow to check wheel bearings, but I’ll ask to check pinion bearings and transmission too. I really hope the transmission is ok.

Someone from a facebook JK group mentioned it may be the transfer case output shaft bearing too.

Out of curiosity, if the transmission is bad, would I be able to buy another transmission to use with the 3.6? Maybe like an 8L90? Maybe with an adapter? Or I would need to fix mine or get the same as a replacement.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Check the transfer case fluid level, I had a similar experience when the Xfer case on my xterra was a bit low.

Top Bottom