Green TJ Build

Chadrobb

Never done a build thread before. I guess looking at all these awesome builds has me inspired. It will be slow going, but finally found a TJ I am really happy with. I adore the TJ.

So here it is day 1. 1999 sport 5 speed, 100k miles. 33's and 4" lift on RE control arms. As you can see the flares are looking tired, and has a two piece hard top. Not a fan of hard tops personally. This one in particular made all sorts of racket and leaked terrible. See ya...

jeep1.jpg

I always give the drivetrain attention first. New cooling system, shocks, motor mounts, and exhaust. All, and I mean all, fluids changed. This 4.0 with 100k miles runs strong. Super clean and after new plugs, wires and cap, it purrrrrrrs.

IMG_0258.jpg

Old kayline top I picked up from a guy in town for $100. Complete in the box from the nineties. Good for now. Went on TIGHT with the cold weather lately, worse than working on suspension!! :) Fender flares freshened up with plastidip until flat fenders go on.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Up next are some new coil springs, SYE and driveshaft, belly tuck Currie steering and control arms all the way around. New rubber ordered. Going with Falken Wildpeak 33's. And more than likely a throwout bearing in my future.

Like I said, updates will be slow, but steady. Man I love working on these!

One final pic sitting next to the JKUS

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 92
Little bit sidetracked this week with the cold temps. -25/35 wind chills here, and somewhere I have a hole letting cold air in. Removed the dash last night in hopes of finding it. No dice. Sorta weird driving it without a dash...pics to come

Thanks!!!
Dash went back in last night, didn't take any pics because it's pretty boring.... Never did find the air leak, winter isn't that long anyway. .:cool:

Thanks!! That soft top is a 98 model, found it in a guys garage still new in the box. couldn't believe it!

So probably the most important of upgrades, my 7 year old daughter has officially named the TJ "Jeepy 4" as this is the 4th TJ she can remember. Love it.

Jeepy 4 is looking good! I love the TJ wranglers. Glad for you, I will be watching your build. Cheers!

So probably the most important of upgrades, my 7 year old daughter has officially named the TJ "Jeepy 4" as this is the 4th TJ she can remember. Love it.

Without a doubt that is the best upgrade! My 1 year old named my Jeep RHINO (cant speak but because of something he does)....Gotta love when the little ones come up with the name.

Brought a tear to my eye! She hasn't named the JK, she says Jeepy 4 is "cooler" LOL Kids make it all worth it really.

Top Bottom