Gladiator Weapon Mounts

They both do but they're just plastic.

Locked center console in a locked vehicle (if you got a top and doors on) seems pretty secure to me. Then again I still maintain a pistol should be kept on your person. If you feel the need to carry, carry.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for nerding out on this stuff. But there is a point it becomes silly and gimmicky depending what it is.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I hope Tuffy makes a secure box for the rear seat. That is something I will actually be working on as a DYI in the interim.

With respect to normal driving, and especially driving in the hills, I don’t particularly find it comfortable to have my pistol holstered on my body. But, I do want easy access.

I don’t like or trust the magnet mounts, and they don’t work with the sights on some of my pistols.

I will likely pull the trigger (haha) on the CMM bracket because it looks clean as hell. Then I will have my local kydex holster maker (LAG Tactical - I highly recommend them) make me some custom holsters to work with the CMM bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Locked center console in a locked vehicle (if you got a top and doors on) seems pretty secure to me.

It really is. If I travel to visit family/friends (especially if they have kids), I prefer to lock my weapon in the vehicle when we're at their house. And I feel better with it being something that is metal vs plastic. With that being said, I've never had a problem. I have a buddy who works law enforcement and he said the statistics for car break-ins are crazy high only in two cases: 1)When valuables (or something a crackhead would deem valuable) is left out in plain sight in the vehicle. 2) When doors are left unlocked.
We rarely keep anything valuable in the vehicle and if we do, it's out of sight, and we always lock our doors.

Then again I still maintain a pistol should be kept on your person. If you feel the need to carry, carry.

Agreed.

With respect to normal driving, and especially driving in the hills, I don’t particularly find it comfortable to have my pistol holstered on my body. But, I do want easy access.

Same here, and on long trips as well for me.

jorgelrod

Hooked
It really is. If I travel to visit family/friends (especially if they have kids), I prefer to lock my weapon in the vehicle when we're at their house. And I feel better with it being something that is metal vs plastic. With that being said, I've never had a problem. I have a buddy who works law enforcement and he said the statistics for car break-ins are crazy high only in two cases: 1)When valuables (or something a crackhead would deem valuable) is left out in plain sight in the vehicle. 2) When doors are left unlocked.
We rarely keep anything valuable in the vehicle and if we do, it's out of sight, and we always lock our doors.

Agreed.

Same here, and on long trips as well for me.

+1 on this, I have the Tuffy under the seat which I use when I have to go into buildings where I'm not allowed to carry by law such as government buildings or when visiting my father in-law at the nursing home.

CerOf

How safe/secure is behind the back seat? You can lock it with your key so it won’t fold down. It’s not accessible, but seems fairly secure.

jeeeep

Hooked
Does the factory console and glove box not lock on the JL or jt?

They do, but I discovered on the console lock if it's turned slightly while locked it pulls out of the socket and no more locked console lol

Also it's all relatively thin plastic, I don't think it would take much of a yank to pull the lid off

I'm looking for a mount that's not too obvious, I don't want some thief to think because they see a mount, there is something more hidden in the Jeep

Last edited:

kevman65

Hooked
I'll chime in.

I have a holster that works just fine with the molle on the back of the passenger seat. Out of sight and easy access. Oh, forgot, I have a dog hammock in the back so everything under it is concealed.

As for locking it up in the JT, inexpensive molle panel attached to rear of rear seat driver side. Pop seat back forward, put holster in molle, raise seat back, lock with key, lock JT with fob. Like anything else, if they want it, they'll get it. But they'll have to work.

Trunkmonkey

I’m curious about this as well, I’m thinking about buying a JT. Now, I have a JKU but I’ve carried my pistol in a IWB kydex holster and wedge it between the parking brake lever and right side of the drivers seat. Then I can either carry my pistol inside with me or lock it in my Tuffy under the seat vault.

Creedmoor

Here’s mine… Remove rear seat and mount IWI Tavor right on the seat brackets…

Attachments

• 3111E3CB-A12D-427D-A306-A0C4D3C0E706.jpeg
    3111E3CB-A12D-427D-A306-A0C4D3C0E706.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 29
  • C32EB473-3962-4347-B9E1-A90B364EC12E.jpeg
    C32EB473-3962-4347-B9E1-A90B364EC12E.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 075A099A-E896-4B70-B51F-43304785B847.jpeg
    075A099A-E896-4B70-B51F-43304785B847.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 1F1BA337-94F4-4A1E-8026-AAE91B3491E3.jpeg
    1F1BA337-94F4-4A1E-8026-AAE91B3491E3.jpeg