Gladiator Aftermarket Soft top

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Has anyone seen an info on full soft tops other than Mopars? ($1700).

Best top just has the soft topper bed cap.

I’m really hoping to find one before spring.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't seen anything either and doubt we well for at least another year. I bet Rampage will have something at SEMA and that'll be easier on the wallet but of course, that'll also be in November. Spiderwebshade has their top and even Mopar has something similar in both a screen and a sailcloth.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/s...nWAuW050-zA9Ua5Vwu_Eki8lCUwMTycEaAksDEALw_wcB

I've been seriously considering the sailcloth option as it isn't too bad in terms of cost and would keep rain out better.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Haven't seen anything either and doubt we well for at least another year. I bet Rampage will have something at SEMA and that'll be easier on the wallet but of course, that'll also be in November. Spiderwebshade has their top and even Mopar has something similar in both a screen and a sailcloth.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/s...nWAuW050-zA9Ua5Vwu_Eki8lCUwMTycEaAksDEALw_wcB

I've been seriously considering the sailcloth option as it isn't too bad in terms of cost and would keep rain out better.

I want a full top, I can’t remove the hard top alone, so I’d rather just have a complete one.

I’m really thinking about soft topper instead of a RTT too
IMG_6495.JPG
IMG_6494.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m really thinking about soft topper instead of a RTT too
View attachment 341930
View attachment 341931

It's funny you'd say as much. Driving all the away across the country, wheeling out there and back, our bed rack held up great. Just one trip out to Arizona and bombing across the desert with our big heavy spare on the bed rack and all the bolts came loose. It was weird to see the whole thing sloshing back and forth in the rear view mirror. I get that a RTT will help firm things up and prevent big movement but it will weigh even more and I'm just not sure how well it'll hold up to the kind of hard and fast driving we like to do out in the desert.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
It's funny you'd say as much. Driving all the away across the country, wheeling out there and back, our bed rack held up great. Just one trip out to Arizona and bombing across the desert with our big heavy spare on the bed rack and all the bolts came loose. It was weird to see the whole thing sloshing back and forth in the rear view mirror. I get that a RTT will help firm things up and prevent big movement but it will weigh even more and I'm just not sure how well it'll hold up to the kind of hard and fast driving we like to do out in the desert.

I like the rack, it’s just so fucking heavy. I can’t imagine it’s good long term. I don’t plan on hard fast driving for awhile.

I’m just rethinking the build a bit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like the rack, it’s just so fucking heavy. I can’t imagine it’s good long term. I don’t plan on hard fast driving for awhile.

I’m just rethinking the build a bit.

The rack looks great for sure and really, I can't imagine any of the other lightweight cheesy racks holding up any better or at least, to the kind of abuse I'd put it through. But, you're right, it is heavy. Add in the Decked system we have and a 40" spare mounted on a KMC beadlock wheel and the back end of your truck is pretty much maxed out - of course, this is without any extra gear too! This is why we're glad we're running coilovers - at least we get the option of playing around with spring rates to help things out.

Blue loctite is your friend Eddie.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Blue loctite is your friend Eddie.

Looked like he had used lock washers on everything during that rack assembly. Kinda surprised by this.

All the nuts were nylocks so I was kinda thinking they'd hold. Again, they did great for daily driving and even rock crawling but couldn't hold up to bombing across the desert. I will say that the bolts securing the rack to the bed itself were just standard bolts and I will be adding some blue loctite to them. I'm also thinking about changing out all the nylocks to stovers.

Top Bottom