Front track bar hitting diff at full compression

PEACEMAKER1

I am running the Dynatrac XD60s and the JKS adjustable front track bar with evo long arms and coilovers. I noticed this last weekend after spending a day in Moab that the top of my front diff is hitting the track bar about 1.5 inches before full compression/bump. Has anyone else had this issue? Or is there anyone running a similar set-up but have a different track bar that works?

bhaner

Did this just start happening because something in your setup changed?

Or is it a new build?

I am in the middle of my build and that was one of the things I checked under full compression.

Same axles and long arms as you. It looked like I had plenty of space with the stock track bar. I will know more when the adjustable one shows up.

Last edited:

PEACEMAKER1

Did this just start happening because something in your setup changed?

Or is it a new build?

I am in the middle of my build and that was one of the things I checked under full compression.

Same axles and long arms as you. It looked like I had plenty of space with the stock track bar. I will know more when the adjustable one shows up.

It's a new build. What track bar are you planning on running?

bhaner

I will add that I haven't set my castor angle 100% yet. It is close to the 7° that I want. But I haven't set my ride height yet so it will change.

FYI my lower CA's are as short as they will go.

PEACEMAKER1

That is one of the new bars I was looking at since my JKS isn't working. I am trying to find out if the bend in the Yeti is more forward than the JKS. It is difficult to determine from online pics, but to me it looks like the Yeti might bend more forward and therefore provide more clearance.

PEACEMAKER1

I will add that I haven't set my castor angle 100% yet. It is close to the 7° that I want. But I haven't set my ride height yet so it will change.

FYI my lower CA's are as short as they will go.

I have my castor right at 7 degrees and same on the lower CAs. They will not shorten any more on mine either.

bhaner

That is one of the new bars I was looking at since my JKS isn't working. I am trying to find out if the bend in the Yeti is more forward than the JKS. It is difficult to determine from online pics, but to me it looks like the Yeti might bend more forward and therefore provide more clearance.

Hopefully it fits! I will let you know as soon as I get it.

bhaner

I wish I had taken a better picture from a lower angle. But here you can see how much space I have at least between the bracket and axle.

trackbarclose.jpg

Bear_JT

Hooked
Steersmarts was trying to pimp their product here and could not seem to understand the rules. No ethics company is one most including myself don’t wanna support.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PEACEMAKER1

Yeti blows.... call up Bubba at Exodus Jeeps and have him make you one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the ref. I'll definitely give him a call to talk about it. I'm wondering what brand track bar others are running that have the XD60 wirth long arms and coilovers. I tried searching this topic and haven't seen others having this problem. Makes me think maybe I'm missing something fundamental :idontknow:

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I went from a perfectly setup PR44 to the XD60 and have the same issue. The XD60 is a big unit.

Eventually I’m having the frame-side trackbar bracket moved forward and a custom track bar made along with other suspension changes. (Going from a Clayton Long-Arm kit to a custom 3-link front / triangulated 4-link rear.)

Top Bottom