Front Driveshaft Play

Jsouder53

Hooked
Lately I’ve noticed some clunking every now and then while driving at slow speeds when slowing down and speeding up (such as through a parking lot). It’s not consistent by any means. I’ve been searching for the noise and recently noticed this. I was wondering if this is normal….

Looks average to me. You’re rotating the pinion from the drive side to the coast side of ring gear. I don’t see anything excessive.

CalSgt

Hooked
Lately I’ve noticed some clunking every now and then while driving at slow speeds when slowing down and speeding up (such as through a parking lot). It’s not consistent by any means. I’ve been searching for the noise and recently noticed this. I was wondering if this is normal….

When my JL did that it was the gas tank skid plate bolt where it attaches to the trans cross member, the fuel slosh in the tank would make it clunk. Took me forever to find it

Jsouder53

Hooked
When my JL did that it was the gas tank skid plate bolt where it attaches to the trans cross member, the fuel slosh in the tank would make it clunk. Took me forever to find it
That is not at all what I expected to hear 😂 I’ll check it out, thank you.

WJCO

Meme King
I would check all control arms and track bar for play or loose bolts. And anything aftermarket that you've fucked with recently.

CalSgt

Hooked
Check your control arm bolts too... Ask me how I know. 😂
I would check all control arms and track bar for play or loose bolts. And anything aftermarket that you've fucked with recently.
I thought for sure it was a control arm or suspension component when mine was doing it, on several occasions I crawled around with a deadblow hammer searching and swatting while listening for anything that didn't sound solid. I about went crazy before I figured it out.

Top Bottom