Ford super duty chip shortage

desertrunner

The wife and I have been looking at getting another truck for a tow rig. Both of us really liked the F150 we had but looking at a possible upgrade to a F250 this round. So far they have been nearly impossible to find due to some micro Chip shortage. I have been all over the western US for work and been asking around and it's the same story everywhere I go. "We have 15 on order waiting on chips"
Some dealers were even saying you might as well order now because the ETA is 6-12 months. Ooof

Bear_JT

Hooked
Ive heard that also. It’s pretty sad that little chip cripples a whole truck class. I think Ram and maybe Chevy are dealing with similar issues.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This is an issue across all Mfg right now. I’m at a GM dealer and we can’t get any truck/suv for stock because of the shortage.

desertrunner

This is an issue across all Mfg right now. I’m at a GM dealer and we can’t get any truck/suv for stock because of the shortage.
It's it true the plants are filling orders before dealer stock? One place told me I might as well order because the 3 they have on stock order will get finished after the pre orders.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's it true the plants are filling orders before dealer stock? One place told me I might as well order because the 3 they have on stock order will get finished after the pre orders.
I am on the service side of things so I honestly couldn’t tell you. All I know is that our lot is empty and every new truck/suv that comes off the truck is either already sold or sells within a day or two of us receiving them.

I am on the service side of things so I honestly couldn’t tell you. All I know is that our lot is empty and every new truck/suv that comes off the truck is either already sold or sells within a day or two of us receiving them.

So bizarre driving through an automall and only seeing a single row of used cars and an empty lot at each dealership.

FFPulley77

Hooked
So bizarre driving through an automall and only seeing a single row of used cars and an empty lot at each dealership.
It’s weird to hear that’s the case across parts of the country. Here in Houston (northeast area) GM, Ram/Jeep, Toyota lots are full from what I’ve seen. Haven’t driven past any Ford dealerships though.

desertrunner

Yes, it’s all three. Sold vehicles get priority, but ETAs are hard to come by
I mean a pre order is hardly sold. The Ford dealer here told me you might as well order because it's a $500 100% refundable deposit but it will come first even if I don't end up wanting to buy it.

Crappy part for the buyers right now is it's hard to get a deal with that low of inventory. 3 year old used trucks going for brand new prices I might as well order and wait

wjtstudios

Hooked
I mean a pre order is hardly sold. The Ford dealer here told me you might as well order because it's a $500 100% refundable deposit but it will come first even if I don't end up wanting to buy it.

Crappy part for the buyers right now is it's hard to get a deal with that low of inventory. 3 year old used trucks going for brand new prices I might as well order and wait
Agreed. I had a client of mine offer to pay me what I had paid for mine the day I picked up my Ram and it’s got 45k on it. He’s being told it’s 6-12 months out to order a 3500 right now.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Agreed. I had a client of mine offer to pay me what I had paid for mine the day I picked up my Ram and it’s got 45k on it. He’s being told it’s 6-12 months out to order a 3500 right now.
It's getting really crazy. I'm at a Subaru dealership. I took in a 2020 Ford F-350 with a 6.7 on trade for an Outback (don't ask). I had no idea what the actual value was. I have every Ford dealer north of Seattle calling on it.

desertrunner

It's getting really crazy. I'm at a Subaru dealership. I took in a 2020 Ford F-350 with a 6.7 on trade for an Outback (don't ask). I had no idea what the actual value was. I have every Ford dealer north of Seattle calling on it.
So.... How much you want for it?

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Rock and a hard place.... I feel like I'd be stepping over the line if I post that up on here.

Top Bottom