Feedback on first planned upgrades?

DankeWaffle

Hi all,

Planning out my build on my new 2023 JT Rubicon. This is what I'm thinking of starting with for my first upgrades, and I was hoping for some feedback.
  • 37x12.50r17 Yokohama Geolandar M/T G003 Tires
  • 17" KMC Tank Beadlock Wheels (-15mm or -38mm offset?)
  • 4.5" Evo Enforcer Stage 3 Overland Lift w/ King 2.5" Remote Reservoir Shocks
  • Clayton Offroad Adjustable Rear Trackbar (to fit the 37" in the tire carrier)
  • Re-gear to 5.13
I think this is a good starting point to get my Gladiator to look and feel more like a Jeep. Front bumper, winch, and lights will come next.

I read the lift requires <5" of backspacing in the wheels, so if I understand correctly both -15mm offset (3.50 backspace) or -38mm offset (4.41 backspace) will work, but I'm unsure of which backspacing/offset to choose so was hoping to get some thoughts on that? And any other general thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Have you gone out wheeling with it yet? Taking it out in stock form is the best way to know what you want/need next - if that even, since a stock Jeep will get you 99% of the places you'll want to go.

I've seen that those Yokohamas wear like crap. Other than that you are correct both wheels options will be fine, and the EVO seems to be a great kit.

Have you gone out wheeling with it yet? Taking it out in stock form is the best way to know what you want/need next - if that even, since a stock Jeep will get you 99% of the places you'll want to go.

I've seen that those Yokohamas wear like crap. Other than that you are correct both wheels options will be fine, and the EVO seems to be a great kit.
Totally agree. I actually haven't taken this guy wheeling yet, but got a few trips planned in the upcoming months. I know how capable these beasts are stock, I'm just planning for when I do start to upgrade it. Having had a TJ on 33's, and been around a JK on 40's for a long time, I know 37's is the sweet spot where I eventually want to take this thing - both for wheeling and for looks.

But about the yoko's that's the feedback I'm looking for. They were the cheapest option I've found so far, lot of good reviews I've seen but I don't know anyone that's actually had a set. Thanks!

Yokohama sports car tires are really good. They stick like glue. But I recall only getting 7k miles out of them sometimes on my MR-2.

Soft compounds wear faster but give better grip.

I’m sure things have change in the last 20+ years since they even made that car.
It is a 1991 model and it is 2024 already. Regardless I am sure that Yokohama continues making performance tires for sports cars.

The tires made for performance driving on roads may not be relevant to what they use in the MT off-road tires.

Your list will work just fine. You will need to add a front adjustable track bar for the 4.5" lift. For the wheels, I've always liked the -38mm/3.5" backspacing (y)
Awesome, yeah the kit comes with the adjustable front trackbar, so I should be good there. And cool, I was leaning towards the -38mm/3.5" backspacing as well, I like the wider stance - do you think there should be enough room to prevent rubbing with the 4.5" lift?

Yokohama sports car tires are really good. They stick like glue. But I recall only getting 7k miles out of them sometimes on my MR-2.

Soft compounds wear faster but give better grip.
I’m sure things have change in the last 20+ years since they even made that car.
It is a 1991 model and it is 2024 already. Regardless I am sure that Yokohama continues making performance tires for sports cars.

The tires made for performance driving on roads may not be relevant to what they use in the MT off-road tires.
So far I've personally only read good things about the current MT's. And even if they do end up wearing a bit worse than others, they're like 100 bucks cheaper a pop. Seems like it might be the move ha

Top Bottom