EVO stinger and 3/4 inch D ring problems

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Hey everyone I was wondering for those of you who have the EVO stinger how did you fit your 3/4 inch D rings on your mounts. I have been trying and trying and got frustrated and started beating things :Disappointed: to try and make it fit with not so much luck. Since I know each are made differently do you guys think that my stinger maybe have a small flaw?? Thanks for your help guys.

Look on my build thread. I used a ball pin hammer and a 5lb sledge. I put the round end of the ball pin to the stinger and hit it with the sledge. Makes a nice bend and does not crack the steel. Use some heat on it if you can.
Have fun!!!

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Look on my build thread. I used a ball pin hammer and a 5lb sledge. I put the round end of the ball pin to the stinger and hit it with the sledge. Makes a nice bend and does not crack the steel. Use some heat on it if you can.
Have fun!!!

Thanks for your help but I talked to Chris on JK-forum and he helped me figure it out! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
this is so weird. mtg showed me this problem up in tahoe and there must have been a slight change in the jig as our stinger on moby doesn't get in the way at all.:thinking:

MTG

Caught the Bug
this is so weird. mtg showed me this problem up in tahoe and there must have been a slight change in the jig as our stinger on moby doesn't get in the way at all.:thinking:

Yeah, I tried again after I showed it to you and ruined the threads on a shackle trying to force it in. I'm curious to see what EVO Mfg. says as well. Particularly because Vengeance appears to have a shackle on it. :thinking:

Edit:

Yea I was surprised when I could not get them in without doing a little massaging of the metal. But I still love the setup.

Agreed, I wouldn't want any other bumper.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Yea I talked to Chris and he said he will be talking to the engineer today and get back to me so I'm curious to see what he says.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
So you figured it out And it works? Or they are getting you a new one?

OK I got a little busy yesterday so I didnt have time to check my email until this morning. He was saying that I could ether open up the D ring hole or grind on the d ring itself to make it fit or I could get a new one. I think I may go ahead and replace it, Im just hoping I can get it powder-coated still that Im gonna ask on. :thumb:

Top Bottom