EVO SPORT ROLL CAGE - BEST TOP FIT

DiannaS

I recently replaced my Best Top with the new model. I have an Evo Sport roll cage and did not have a problem getting the soft top clips to latch on the old top. I’ve let the new top sit in the sun for several days and cannot get the latch to catch on the footman’s loop, it’s about 1/4” short.
There was an EVO sport install video posted on Wayalife, but it ended before the soft top was put back on 🙁
Any experience tips are welcome

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The small pieces that get installed for the pivot points for the sun rider are sitting too far back. There is enough room to allow them to be shifted forward. You may find it necessary to place a small nut or something like it to prevent it from sliding back. Once forward, you should have enough correction to allow the top to go latch in place. At least, I did.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I run a bestop trek top NX, the latches will not articulate all the way back because they hit they new cross member and makes it tough to latch. I can grab the windshield bar on the top and pull it down to get it to latch but it is tight. If that doesn’t help, you could stack a couple washers on the footman loops to bring them out as well.

DiannaS

The small pieces that get installed for the pivot points for the sun rider are sitting too far back. There is enough room to allow them to be shifted forward. You may find it necessary to place a small nut or something like it to prevent it from sliding back. Once forward, you should have enough correction to allow the top to go latch in place. At least, I did.
Thank you! That's how I got my prior top to fit as well. The new Trek Top NX + only has one pivot point for the spring :(

DiannaS

I run a bestop trek top NX, the latches will not articulate all the way back because they hit they new cross member and makes it tough to latch. I can grab the windshield bar on the top and pull it down to get it to latch but it is tight. If that doesn’t help, you could stack a couple washers on the footman loops to bring them out as well.
Great idea, tried it and still like 1/8" off.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would assume that would cause a lot of wind noise, no?

MericaMade

I recently replaced my Best Top with the new model. I have an Evo Sport roll cage and did not have a problem getting the soft top clips to latch on the old top. I’ve let the new top sit in the sun for several days and cannot get the latch to catch on the footman’s loop, it’s about 1/4” short.
There was an EVO sport install video posted on Wayalife, but it ended before the soft top was put back on 🙁
Any experience tips are welcome

I ran into a similar issue with the Rockhard cage. The driver and passenger door surround would not line up with the top front holes closest to the windshield because it was hitting the crossbar clamps. I had to cut off some of the plastic to allow the bracket to sit flush so the header would actual sit on rubber of the window frame. At first, I was about ¼ inch away from the footman loop. I had to push the entire track towards the front window as I tighten in and added a piece of hose around the footman loop to allow it to clamp tighter.

Open your door and take a picture of where the door surround and the window molding meet at the A pillar. They should fit tight together. If you have a gap that will cause the issue, or it did for me at first.

Last edited:
Top Bottom