Evo spec King 2.0 question

BCwillys

Wasn't sure where to ask this question but I just ordered front and rear Evo spec King 2.0 shocks for my JL and was curious if the come charged with nitrogen or will I need to do that when I get them. I was doing some reading after I ordered them and some places say Kings ship without nitrogen and some say they do. I couldn't find any info on Evo's website or Northridge where I had to order them up here in Canada.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I feel like some do and some don’t. I don’t think there is a definitive answer out there. I don’t even think there is a reason when some do and some don’t.

Upvote 0

BCwillys

I feel like some do and some don’t. I don’t think there is a definitive answer out there. I don’t even think there is a reason when some do and some don’t.
Fair enough. I guess my best bet is to reach out to Evo next week. I was just sitting here over-thinking about it

Upvote 0

The BAD Influence

I ordered EVO bolt on King Coilovers in black. Invoice says black. Box says black. Opened the box, and they're blue. EVO actually answered the phone. Was told if the box says black, then we received black. Offered to send pictures. They said not to bother, as they don't have any black in stock, and "if" I really received blue, either install them, or get them painted.

Upvote 0

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I ordered EVO bolt on King Coilovers in black. Invoice says black. Box says black. Opened the box, and they're blue. EVO actually answered the phone. Was told if the box says black, then we received black. Offered to send pictures. They said not to bother, as they don't have any black in stock, and "if" I really received blue, either install them, or get them painted.
Evo has the worst customer service out there.

but who did you order from? That’s who you need to call for this since you didn’t order from evo.

Upvote 0

The BAD Influence

Evo has the worst customer service out there.

but who did you order from? That’s who you need to call for this since you didn’t order from evo.
I'd rather not say who I ordered through, as they're hated almost as bad as Teraflex on this forum. But, I get whole sale prices so.... And, long story short, I never opened the boxes when delivered, then surgeries and other things caused installation to be delayed several months. So we were way out of the return window anyway. It was just hilarious that EVO said if the box says black, you received black. Ummm, Ok?

Upvote 0

TrailHunter

Hooked
I'd rather not say who I ordered through, as they're hated almost as bad as Teraflex on this forum. But, I get whole sale prices so.... And, long story short, I never opened the boxes when delivered, then surgeries and other things caused installation to be delayed several months. So we were way out of the return window anyway. It was just hilarious that EVO said if the box says black, you received black. Ummm, Ok?

Not saying EVO didn’t fuck up… but how do you know if the Co. you ordered from didn’t switch it?

Upvote 0

The BAD Influence

Definitely EVO then.. Dropped shipped. Seems like a rude response and probably could have been handled better.
Agreed. But my wife found the bright side. She said not to bother painting them, or pressing for an exchange. Kings signature color is blue, let's roll with it. Then whenever others see us on the trail, they'll know we're running Kings. Haha.

Upvote 0

onlyone

They sound like Teraflex. What a surprise…..I’m sure the quality will get there with Teraflex too..oh wait……skids.

Upvote 0
As far as I know, everything in the EVO kits are standard now with black anodize and blue coils and have been for a little while now. If these in fact came directly from EVO, good chance they were never opened up when they received them from KING. definitely weird as I haven't seen a blue set from EVO in a while.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom