Evo D ring w/ tire carrier

JKU EXTREME

I am going to get the Evo mfg D-ring mounts for my JKU. So the 2nd to next thing on my mod list will be a tire carrier. I like the Evo tire carrier but I don't like how I have to buy all of the skins and lights (I may get it anyway) but I also like the Genright tire carrier (in black).

So I am requesting pictures of anyone who has the Evo d rings with whatever tire carrier you have.
Thank you so much
-John

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I wouldn't get the EVO carrier unless you have 37's or bigger. You can use the stock carrier for everything else.

ChaosNein

Hey, If the man wants to purchase a built-proof, made in the U.S.A. tire carrier like the EVO MFG Tire Carrier, then I say "Let Him...:cheesy:" :thumb:

The Corner Skins help distribute the weight of the carrier/tire as well as protect you quarter panels from rock damage.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey, If the man wants to purchase a built-proof, made in the U.S.A. tire carrier like the EVO MFG Tire Carrier, then I say "Let Him...:cheesy:" :thumb:

The Corner Skins help distribute the weight of the carrier/tire as well as protect you quarter panels from rock damage.

I agree but I think it's a little overkill for 33's. Lol

bl17z90

Hinrich is running the exact setup you asked for, you can look at his build thread or maybe he will chime in here.

I am going to get the Evo mfg D-ring mounts for my JKU. So the 2nd to next thing on my mod list will be a tire carrier. I like the Evo tire carrier but I don't like how I have to buy all of the skins and lights (I may get it anyway) but I also like the Genright tire carrier (in black).

So I am requesting pictures of anyone who has the Evo d rings with whatever tire carrier you have.
Thank you so much
-John

I have the evo d-rings with the evo tire carrier did you want photos of that combo too or just others?

redpatchjeff

if you don't want to run the EVO stuff...there are a lot of people that get the OR-FAB carrier and the EVO d-rings.

not knocking EVO by any means - just giving another alternative! :thumb:

JKU EXTREME

[\QUOTE crippledpetey]I have the evo d-rings with the evo tire carrier did you want photos of that combo too or just others?[/QUOTE]

Pictures would be helpful

Last edited:

JK1

EVO D-rings with a 35 with a Rugged Ridge carrier i think :idontknow:
IMG-20130214-00080.jpg
IMG-20130603-00286.jpg

EVO D-rings with 37's and tera flex tire carrier and hinge like this look better :yup:

IMG-20130814-00097.jpg
IMG-20130814-00098.jpg

good luck
:beer:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Genright for now

Attachments

• image-3507975217.jpg
    image-3507975217.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 171
  • image-1724474991.jpg
    image-1724474991.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 173
  • image-1563895873.jpg
    image-1563895873.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 176

StrizzyChris

I say upgrade to EVO skins and carrier! I'll save the GenRight from the dumpster and give you a couple hundred for it :yup:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Why only for now? You having any issues with the GR carrier?

No issues other than the brackets slightly off and makes it a little harder to open....all my fault

I say upgrade to EVO skins and carrier! I'll save the GenRight from the dumpster and give you a couple hundred for it :yup:

Its on my list down the road, i may keep the genright and still do the skins but weld on tabs for the genright, but at the same time why not just do the evo carrier. When i originally ordered the genright I never planned to be on 37s and headlocks. It will hold up to a 42 tho so no complaints.

I have the evo d-rings with the evo tire carrier did you want photos of that combo too or just others?

Pictures would be helpful

EVO D-rings with EVO carrier. Let me know if ya need any others.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387239268.873910.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387239280.773992.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387239289.890802.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387239300.194514.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387239311.690443.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387239328.077676.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387239338.512361.jpg

Last edited:
why bolts on the carrier and not pins?

Stopped all rattles. I grabbed a bolt the exact diameter of the Johnny Joint and drilled a hole for the quick release pin and it doesn't move. Also it's funny to watch people look at it and try to figure out how it opens :cheesy:

JKU EXTREME

Stopped all rattles. I grabbed a bolt the exact diameter of the Johnny Joint and drilled a hole for the quick release pin and it doesn't move. Also it's funny to watch people look at it and try to figure out how it opens :cheesy:

I wondering, since you cut the rear bumper hole[?(where the d-ring bracket was installed)] can you run a rear bumper with it cut or would you have to weld it back?

Top Bottom