Evo coilover options questions

desertrunner

Doing some more future dreaming here but had some questions about Evo coilover set ups and mostly with the rear Evo lever.
I really like the cantilever set up but was wondering about different sized coilovers or even without bypass shock options. When I called Evo they told me it's the whole kit or nothing. That they don't do a non bypass option or a 2.5 option although I feel like I've seen plenty of Evo built rigs with various versions of coilover and shock combos.
Are the ones set up with different configurations custom builds by ORE and not combos you can buy from Evo mfg? I even asked about just buying the Evo lever without the kings completely and they said no as well.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You can do it. They don’t want to sell it as a custom kit though. Maybe ORE will sell it to you that way. You can fit bigger in the rear but not a ton bigger without work. If you’re going that fast just have them revalved and you won’t need a ton bigger.

desertrunner

You can do it. They don’t want to sell it as a custom kit though. Maybe ORE will sell it to you that way. You can fit bigger in the rear but not a ton bigger without work. If you’re going that fast just have them revalved and you won’t need a ton bigger.
gottcha that makes sense. I just got the green light to officially do a big build so trying to plan things out within my budget. Most of it i plan to install myself to save on labor cost and i really do like the evo lever the most for the rear coilover options. The price tag on it though is high (understandably for what you get). So i was thinking of maybe trying to go evo lever with a 2.5 and no bypass, and still some sort of 14" coilover in the front. Pretty much looking at trail buds jeep for sale right now how his is set up as basically a double throw down without the bypasses. But if evo or ore wont sell it that way for me to install i dont think i can fit everything in my budget to have ore build it custom

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
gottcha that makes sense. I just got the green light to officially do a big build so trying to plan things out within my budget. Most of it i plan to install myself to save on labor cost and i really do like the evo lever the most for the rear coilover options. The price tag on it though is high (understandably for what you get). So i was thinking of maybe trying to go evo lever with a 2.5 and no bypass, and still some sort of 14" coilover in the front. Pretty much looking at trail buds jeep for sale right now how his is set up as basically a double throw down without the bypasses. But if evo or ore wont sell it that way for me to install i dont think i can fit everything in my budget to have ore build it custom
I would do no bypass up front before I did no bypass in the rear. It’s only a 10” shock. It will toss you around with no bypass. And the DTD comes with a 12” coilover in the front not a 14”.

if you want it custom I would do their rear setup and a 2.5 coilover up front. Or if you never plan to add the bypass do a 3.0 up front. Probably won’t fit with the bypass unless you modify the brackets.

desertrunner

I would do no bypass up front before I did no bypass in the rear. It’s only a 10” shock. It will toss you around with no bypass. And the DTD comes with a 12” coilover in the front not a 14”.

if you want it custom I would do their rear setup and a 2.5 coilover up front. Or if you never plan to add the bypass do a 3.0 up front. Probably won’t fit with the bypass unless you modify the brackets.
shoot i didnt realize they were 12" i guess i read into the 14" of travel as shock size.
i guess my thought was possibly to attempt the double throw down with no bypasses and 2.5 coilovers and run it that way and should i ever want to add bypasses i could. 2.0s on a 6-7k lb JK seem small but they have been doing it for a while for a reason i guess. Did eddie ever change out any one his or is his still the same off the shelf DTD they sell now?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
shoot i didnt realize they were 12" i guess i read into the 14" of travel as shock size.
i guess my thought was possibly to attempt the double throw down with no bypasses and 2.5 coilovers and run it that way and should i ever want to add bypasses i could. 2.0s on a 6-7k lb JK seem small but they have been doing it for a while for a reason i guess. Did eddie ever change out any one his or is his still the same off the shelf DTD they sell now?
Same I think. You could run no bypasses. Personally I wouldn’t being that I used to bottom out and hit hard even with bypasses. If you aren’t driving fast through the desert (and I mean fast not what people think is fast) you will probably be fine.

desertrunner

Same I think. You could run no bypasses. Personally I wouldn’t being that I used to bottom out and hit hard even with bypasses. If you aren’t driving fast through the desert (and I mean fast not what people think is fast) you will probably be fine.
that was on your silver 4dr right? with 2.0 + 3.0 bypass front and 2.5 + 2.5 rear? so even that was a custom set up different than the off the shelf DTD?

Top Bottom