EVO Bombers

Bacon

I've gone back a couple years in this forum and haven't found what I'm looking for, so here goes.

Looking for opinions/experiences with the EVO Bombers on a JT, or hell, even a heavy JK or JL I suppose, but hopefully a JT. I have Lod frame mounts on my JK but am considering the boatside Bomber style for the JT. My concern is that it's body mount as opposed to frame mount. Who has them? Who has dropped their rig onto the rock on them? How are they (and the body/mounts) holding up?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I've gone back a couple years in this forum and haven't found what I'm looking for, so here goes.

Looking for opinions/experiences with the EVO Bombers on a JT, or hell, even a heavy JK or JL I suppose, but hopefully a JT. I have Lod frame mounts on my JK but am considering the boatside Bomber style for the JT. My concern is that it's body mount as opposed to frame mount. Who has them? Who has dropped their rig onto the rock on them? How are they (and the body/mounts) holding up?
I have them on mine with the skins but haven’t scraped them on anything so I have no personal experience with that. However, Eddie took a really hard hit on his, but I forget what video it’s in. That clip is what got me to buy them. Maybe he’ll chime in on what kinda damage he took, but if I remember correctly, it wasn’t much if any to the truck itself.

Bacon

I have them on mine with the skins but haven’t scraped them on anything so I have no personal experience with that. However, Eddie took a really hard hit on his, but I forget what video it’s in. That clip is what got me to buy them. Maybe he’ll chime in on what kinda damage he took, but if I remember correctly, it wasn’t much if any to the truck itself.
I think it might be the Maine video? I checked that thread that @Andy5160 Mentioned above, and Eddie mentioned a good hit. I think he said Maine. ILL have to check the thread again, then the video. Thanks.

Bombers work well and I personally wouldn't hesitate to run them. The setup ties it all in together for strength meaning it mounts to the body mounts, pinch seam and bolts up to the rock skin which is also installed along the body panel. Frame mount is always preferred but think you will be happy with the bombers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - just responded to your question on the other thread but will answer it here as well. What I can say is that I had my doubts but they've turned out to hold up way better than I thought they would. With the exception of caving the passenger side in a bit from a massive hit (even frame mounted rocker guards would do that), everything else looks and has held up great.

Top Bottom