EV West's SRI EV1 All-Electric Race Vehicle

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
535 HP, 750 ft. lbs. of torque and dead silent - this is the EV West's SRI EV1 all-electric race vehicle built for the Baja 1000. What do you think - yea or nay?

Dustless

I say Yea! That thing is killer looking and looks fun as hell, would be sweet if there was a way to keep a charge going while you are driving to be able to go for longer!

FoxC

I say...hell yes! who could turn down 750 fpt...??? That is nothing but insane amounts of usable power. The powerband on that thing would be a mile wide.:rock:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Like most battery powered electric race vehicles, it's heavy and has a short range, but it's a fantastic prototype. If they can figure out how to whip the battery pack out and install the new one(without a crane or forklift) in the time it takes to refuel in Baja, it's a winner. It also looked like it was a little short in the suspension dept., but that's what prototypes are for. On the other hand I'm a big fan of the internal combustion engine and the sounds they make. Can you imagine an all electric NASCAR race? The world's biggest slot car event? But that's just me.:yawn37:

Top Bottom