Engine Shut off while driving 40 mph

Rubiwho

Random shut off while driving 2015 JKU. A few post in regards to this issue. I can’t seem to find a thread with the solution.

My daughter was driving up a hill, when the fuel gauge turned off, not just going to empty (she has a full tank), but all the way to the resting “power off” position. As this happened the engine shut off.
Fortunately she was able to pull off the road. After 3 attempts to restart, she got lucky and it fired off. She has since had luck starting it with no further issue.

I haven’t pulled any code yet because I’m traveling for work, I’m just trying to see what’s out there in regards to the issue I will return home to.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance, Rubiwho

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Random shut off while driving 2015 JKU. A few post in regards to this issue. I can’t seem to find a thread with the solution.

My daughter was driving up a hill, when the fuel gauge turned off, not just going to empty (she has a full tank), but all the way to the resting “power off” position. As this happened the engine shut off.
Fortunately she was able to pull off the road. After 3 attempts to restart, she got lucky and it fired off. She has since had luck starting it with no further issue.

I haven’t pulled any code yet because I’m traveling for work, I’m just trying to see what’s out there in regards to the issue I will return home to.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance, Rubiwho

Is everything stock?

Brute

Hooked
I had some pcm programming issues with my JK6 which turned off all power while underway in the highway...but everything was custom tuned

Rubiwho

UPDATE:

Ran a full diagnostic, no codes pending or current, nothing abnormal. Saw some post suggesting a possible camshaft sensor going bad. If/when it happens again, I’ll replace that ($50) first. In the meantime, if anyone has experienced this, please share your fix.

Thanks, Rubiwho

Top Bottom