eaton locker

Hi

Next step is hopefully to install a ud44 in my saharah with 4.56 or 4.88. Obvious I also need to regear the rear and why not put a locker in the rear to at the same time, otherwise it might not ever happen.

Anyway, I was thinking about those eaton e-lockers, are they good or should I look at something else? I rather not install a air compressor so wish them to be electric.

I do not understand the difference between two lockers I looked at quadratec. Both are eaton performance e lockers and are for 30 spline which if I´m coreect is the spline used in sahara and sport. But one of them is only fort sport and sahrah and the other seems to work both for rubicon and the others and also a lot of much older jeeps like yj, tj and c-5. But do not the rubicon come with 32 spline shafts? price is almost the same, 1083 dollar vs 1043 dollar.

Thanks

Last edited:

JT@623

Hooked
I went E lockers in mine with no complaints. The difference I believe is in the housing and bearing size D-30 and D-44 if I’m not mistaken the rubicon is a Heavy duty D-44 which takes a larger carrier.

jake250k

I also did an Eaton Elocker rear to match a UD44 front. Really happy with it. Only downside IMO is they don't offer it with a 35 spline option like ARB does.

19977-010 is the part number I used on my JK sport.

One thing I´m not sure about. It says that the eaton e-locker is for 8.5 ring gear but all the aftermarket gear I´ve been looking at is not 8.5. the spicer 4.56 for example says ring gear is 8.9 and the yokon is 8.8. Does this matter`?

And which eaton to choose? there seems to be 2 that have 4 pinion design and seems to be identic but price differences is about 37 dollar. one fits only jk 2007 to 2018 and the other says it fits a lot of difference jeeps. I´m confused.

these two it is,

EATON 19977-010 Performance 4 Pinion ELocker for 30 Spline Dana 44 with 3.73 & Numerically Lower Gear Ratio​

and

EATON 19977-010 Performance 4 Pinion ELocker for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK with 30-Spline Dana 44 Rear Axle​

On the one that in the name says 3.73 and lower ratio is weird because in the description it says fits all ratios.??

Top Bottom