Easter Jeep Safari 2022

wbgoode77

Finally back into the swing...picked up my JLUR a few weeks ago and want to begin planning my trip to EJS next year. Looking for insight on a few topics....any and all will be helpful! Thanks in advance!

• Camping - I'll have an Off Grid trailer and would like guidance regarding the best places to camp? Arches, Canyonland, Sand Flats, BLM, etc.
    • More importantly, how to reserve and how far in advance I should try and book. I went on the websites and can't seem to find "Reserve Now" function.
  • Trails - My plan is to be sitting on 37's with a 2-3" lift...what trails should I absolutely sign up for?
    • Hell's Revenge, Moab Rim, Poison Spyder Mesa
  • What Else - what else do I need to consider while planning for the trip?

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you guys!

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Sand Flats has some really cool spots tucked between fins and near some trails. It also has you close to town and some fun stand alone obstacles. Other than the group sites, it's all first come first served. So EJS week it's a mad dash to see who gets a spot. If you want to be close to water, Ken's Lake is nice as is Onion Valley. Camping in the NP camp grounds isn't the best for EJS because it is spring break for many Utahans. So the parks are packed and you'll often wait in line just to get into the park and encounter lots of traffic once in the parks before you get to your camp. There is dispersed camping all around Moab, but they are super strict about it so educate yourself there.

Finally back into the swing...picked up my JLUR a few weeks ago and want to begin planning my trip to EJS next year. Looking for insight on a few topics....any and all will be helpful! Thanks in advance!

• Camping - I'll have an Off Grid trailer and would like guidance regarding the best places to camp? Arches, Canyonland, Sand Flats, BLM, etc.
    • More importantly, how to reserve and how far in advance I should try and book. I went on the websites and can't seem to find "Reserve Now" function.
  • Trails - My plan is to be sitting on 37's with a 2-3" lift...what trails should I absolutely sign up for?
    • Hell's Revenge, Moab Rim, Poison Spyder Mesa
  • What Else - what else do I need to consider while planning for the trip?

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you guys!
The Needles district in Canyonlands is really nice. Be aware that the number of camp sites is limited and not made for big rigs. Unless things have changed, you have to go to a water truck for water. As Eddy says, Elephant Hill is nearby and provides a route to the other side of the district. Hiking is amazing there.

Top Bottom