Driver side upper sway bar link bolt

jeeeep

Hooked
I have the EVO long arm installed and the driver side upper sway bar link bolt keeps working loose

The bolt fell out completely once and since then I've been keeping an eye on it and have to tighten it often.

I use red locktite on it but whatever is putting pressure on it is enough to break it loose.

My theory is the sway bar is too far to one side (need to measure it) but is there really that much force on it to work it loose?

can I tap the swaybar to even out the sides and also looking for ideas to keep the bolt in place

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just to verify, you have the links with the polyurethane bushings, correct? I always had problems with the nuts coming loose too. The stover helped for sure. I eventually upgraded to their links with heims on them and of course, that took care of it for good.

jeeeep

Hooked
Just to verify, you have the links with the polyurethane bushings, correct? I always had problems with the nuts coming loose too. The stover helped for sure. I eventually upgraded to their links with heims on them and of course, that took care of it for good.
correct, poly bushings, I don't know what it is about the bushing on the driver side but I swapped the nut and bolt from the passenger side and it has worked loose while the passenger (old loose one) has stayed in place.
I'll look at the heims, that's what is on the JK and never an issue.

Top Bottom