Does disabling Auto Start Stop fail inspections? (NY)

rubi_vette

I was curious... I bought my JLU and someone in the past disabled the auto-start stop. I'm unsure if they used an eliminator or some other method. Does anyone know if this can like fail inspections? I know in NY they plug into the OBD2 port, then scan the car. I know that Auto-Start stop is technically all for emissions.

The dealership claimed that they could investigate and turn it back on as it should be on when I bought the ride. I would rather keep it off perm, but I really want to know if it would fail inspection IF it is off all the time... Curious for some feedback/thoughts.

rubi_vette

It's sad that this even has to be thought about. That Communist feature shouldn't even exist.
Trust me, it's stupid. I'm glad I can turn on my Corvette and just not have to worry about it "turning off" or like the new crap with cylinder deactivation.

I was curious... I bought my JLU and someone in the past disabled the auto-start stop. I'm unsure if they used an eliminator or some other method. Does anyone know if this can like fail inspections? I know in NY they plug into the OBD2 port, then scan the car. I know that Auto-Start stop is technically all for emissions.

The dealership claimed that they could investigate and turn it back on as it should be on when I bought the ride. I would rather keep it off perm, but I really want to know if it would fail inspection IF it is off all the time... Curious for some feedback/thoughts.

Don’t have experience with this exact issue, but every NYS inspection I’ve been thru has been a pain in the ass. If you have the ask, the answer is yes, they will probably give you a hard time about it. My grandpa used to know a guy in East Syr who sold stickers… he’s prolly dead now… good luck!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Auto stop is an emissions related device and not every vehicle on the market has it which means your can’t fail for something that isn’t standardized. Just like the cylinder deactivation GM has been using for years, you can’t fail it for not working since not every GM vehicle or every brand has it

rubi_vette

So I brought it to the Dealership that I bought the ride. They found out that it was the battery that was bad for the Auto Start Stop. They ended up replacing the battery and not charging me anything including the labor. Thankfully, it's all set. I just turn it off now. Lol

JimLee

Hooked
I bought a stop/start eliminator. It just remembers the last button push, so you don't have to keep pushing the button every time you start. If you want it to work as normal you just push the button again while running and it'll work like factory. And I don't think any inspections would fail with it disabled, during the chip shortage they cranked out a lot of Jeeps with start/stop disabled from the factory.

rubi_vette

I bought a stop/start eliminator. It just remembers the last button push, so you don't have to keep pushing the button every time you start. If you want it to work as normal you just push the button again while running and it'll work like factory. And I don't think any inspections would fail with it disabled, during the chip shortage they cranked out a lot of Jeeps with start/stop disabled from the factory.
Definitely! I actually thought about grabbing the tazer JL to get that function and others for a little more mula.

Top Bottom