Diesel JT gearing

YDAJC

Starting to put together a build list. In short going to either a D60 or ford 9 inch ( 10inch ring) for axles. The question is on gearing for a 39 inch tire. The factory 33 on the JT diesel is a 3.73:1. If I follow the logic and calculators the matching gear set for the BFG is a 4.30 . Going with a 4.5 lift and the BFG 39s from what I can see show a 540 rev/mile = 37.35 height. Now the question is does anyone have any real world time on a re-geared Gladiator that could pass their impressions?

Going to have the Axles built from ECGS with a 45-70 day lead time. I am looking for good performance without over reving the diesel down the highway.

Cheers

YDAJC

Gearing for the 60s will be what I request. typically with a gas engine 5.38 would be the choice for a 39-40 inch tire. With the high torque at low rpm of a diesel 5.38 would be too deep. Torque range on teh 3.0 diesel is 1400-2800. sweet spot should be around 1800 on the highway. Looking for some feedback from folks that are running large tires on their Diesel JT.

Dale72

Hooked
Gearing for the 60s will be what I request. typically with a gas engine 5.38 would be the choice for a 39-40 inch tire. With the high torque at low rpm of a diesel 5.38 would be too deep. Torque range on teh 3.0 diesel is 1400-2800. sweet spot should be around 1800 on the highway. Looking for some feedback from folks that are running large tires on their Diesel JT.
The UD60'S only comes with 5:38's. I'm not sure if you can get them with out gears and then add what you want

Dale72

Hooked
Look about midway down this page- UD60

The UD60 is available with 3.73, 4.10, 4.88, and 5.38
I haven't looked at their website in a couple years since I bought my JL, and then it was just showing 5.38. With what I'm planning on doing with my JT I'm probably just going to change the front axle

Reactions: RCC
Top Bottom