Dana Chromoly Rear Axles

Jeeper99

I ordered some Dana chromoly rear axles. Had to search around and found a left one here and right one there. First one came in. Box was pretty beat and had been retaped by the shipper. Looks like it got dropped on the end. 2 studs were pushed back a little. But no damage I could find. 4340 is pretty tough stuff when hardened.
I noted that the part number etched on the shaft didn't match anything I could find on the Dana Aftermarket's website. Used their search engine and looked long and hard for the number on the shaft. Nada.

I saw a youtube where someone got their axles and they had a tag wired on each of them with the part numbers. No tag with mine. That end of the box was torn open and retaped. So, it probably was lost in shipping. I'm pretty confident the axle is a chromoly axle for a JL Rubicon. It's 32.22" long x 32 spline and has no reduction behind the splines (machined splines, not formed). But I'd like to see if I can validate it. Unfortunately, these things seem to be backordered most places.

Here's a picture of the marking on the shaft. I'm guessing that number is a component part number as I can't find it on the Dana site.

Any help is appreciated.

Dana 32.2.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I ordered some Dana chromoly rear axles. Had to search around and found a left one here and right one there. First one came in. Box was pretty beat and had been retaped by the shipper. Looks like it got dropped on the end. 2 studs were pushed back a little. But no damage I could find. 4340 is pretty tough stuff when hardened.
I noted that the part number etched on the shaft didn't match anything I could find on the Dana Aftermarket's website. Used their search engine and looked long and hard for the number on the shaft. Nada.

I saw a youtube where someone got their axles and they had a tag wired on each of them with the part numbers. No tag with mine. That end of the box was torn open and retaped. So, it probably was lost in shipping. I'm pretty confident the axle is a chromoly axle for a JL Rubicon. It's 32.22" long x 32 spline and has no reduction behind the splines (machined splines, not formed). But I'd like to see if I can validate it. Unfortunately, these things seem to be backordered most places.

Here's a picture of the marking on the shaft. I'm guessing that number is a component part number as I can't find it on the Dana site.

Any help is appreciated.

View attachment 378984
I would contact Dana directly with this information and see if they recognize that part number. Did you order it from Dana or one of their approved vendors?

kevman65

Hooked
Yeah, unfortunately that could be a heat number for the base material and a code for in house heat treatment pre or post production.

Jeeper99

I bought it from Summit. There's an inventory pull tag on the box that has the correct part number and a name. Likely just a Summit warehouse label. I couldn't find any contact info for Dana on the Dana Aftermarket site.
20220903_144932.jpg 20220903_144744.jpg

Top Bottom