Crazy/lucky roll over and recovery story

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Came across this story over the weekend and thought I would share. Full disclaimer, not me, not associated in any way. This is a trail I have run with some members on here and it is a sobering look at what can happen.

Facebook post from the driver:
Untitled.jpg

Cliff notes:
Guy was wheeling alone with his dog, rolled off the side of a mountain, both survived with no major injuries.
A volunteer group recovered the vehicle from the side of a mountain.

Video of the recovery:

21199542_10213938187113163_5296273287286768055_o.jpg
21246415_10213938175952884_7361271486003189767_o.jpg

I have heard about the group doing the recovery, all volunteers and I have heard some of the stories that these guys have had. Glad they exist to help out the unlucky and unprepared. I go out and wheel with just my dog and supplies and I am glad I have never had this major of an incident.

Admins, edit/remove whatever you deem appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
I remember hearing about this just recently and had watched the recovery video. Amazing that no one was hurt. Very scary.

boardsurfer

Yep. That recovery took place the day before (maybe 2 days before) we all ran it this summer. The wife was not pleased. :D

There was still some caution tape on the mountain when we rolled by that spot. What's weird is that the spot where I think he left the trail didnt feel any more narrow than all the other times we have run it. He must have underestimated how narrow that spot is. I take it with my driver side wheels scraping the mountain side, which leaves about 10 inches of usable dirt on the downhill side. It is scary for sure.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What’s up with all the copy and paste in the story? Also what kind of people is he wheeling with that would just turn around and not say anything to the guy in front. Let alone the guy in front not waiting for the others. Sounds like a bunch of idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

What’s up with all the copy and paste in the story? Also what kind of people is he wheeling with that would just turn around and not say anything to the guy in front. Let alone the guy in front not waiting for the others. Sounds like a bunch of idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I had similar thoughts. Don't separate. Don't leave a guy on the trail and turn back. Maybe they just didn't know each other at all and happened to wheel together for a few miles?

Top Bottom