Cozdude's build of Knuckles

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What was the reasoning for getting it non ported? Just curious about the potential to upgrade and needing it ported.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

For me the non ported is going to be plenty. I’m not going to go larger than 37’s on knuckles. When wheeling I haven’t really felt as tho the stock box wasn’t enough except for maybe a few times. That being said, with how little I wheel I felt as tho going hydro assist was overkill. I daily drive my Jeep and have heard about how much turning radius you lose and how “twitchy” it feels at slow speeds.

If I plan on upgrading the big bore I can add the bigger PS pump and the larger lines which I have heard helps a lot.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
That will definitely make a nice difference. Does this mean we can get you back out to wheel again?

jeeeep

Hooked
you're gonna be saying, "I should've done this sooner"

I was in the same mindset that I didn't wheel enough to justify hydro-assist until I got it lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well it’s been almost 3 months since I got my psc big bore in the mail. Today I finally got to install it! Still need to add power steering fluid but it’s in!
IMG_1098.jpg
IMG_1008.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Knuckles drive ten times better than he did before! The box is a huge upgrade and one I should have done sooner.

When I was emptying out my drain pan this morning I found one of the worm gear balls in the pan and a ton of metal in the pan from blowing the lines out. The stock gear was shot for sure. Glad I got it off before it got any worse

wjtstudios

Hooked
For sure, not something that you’d ever want to fail.

The big bore boxes are a great upgrade, especially on the trail

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom