Cozdude's build of Knuckles

jeeeep

Hooked
Good luck with that crap. They have a video but it’s not nearly as easy as they show since they use a new ball joint.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

x2 on the luck

I jacked up the upper ball joint after watching the video because of the style difference.

If I recall, I think their written instructions are also for the revised style.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
IMG_0653.jpg

Rebuild went super smooth. Both upper and lower joints came right out of the housing. The hard part was getting the heim off the stud due to them being so worn. Took about 2 hours for just the driver side to be rebuilt. Prob about the same for the passenger side if I needed to do them but I don’t. Should drive a million times better now that everything will be tight again

Andy5160

Hooked
View attachment 353073

Rebuild went super smooth. Both upper and lower joints came right out of the housing. The hard part was getting the heim off the stud due to them being so worn. Took about 2 hours for just the driver side to be rebuilt. Prob about the same for the passenger side if I needed to do them but I don’t. Should drive a million times better now that everything will be tight again

[emoji106] tight is always good

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Random question for you that I think might be in your wheelhouse;

Hypothetically if you took your Jeep to a non-Jeep garage for an inspection w/o a front swaybar, would it pass? Is that something they’d even be looking at if there’s nothing there?

I now once, I got an inspection report back where they “suggested” replacing my swaybar bushing but they didn’t fail me.

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Hypothetically if you took your Jeep to a non-Jeep garage for an inspection w/o a front swaybar, would it pass? Is that something they’d even be looking at if there’s nothing there?

I now once, I got an inspection report back where they “suggested” replacing my swaybar bushing but they didn’t fail me.

You all must have quite the inspection process. How did they even check the swaybar bushing to know it needed replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

No it would not pass. I fail vehicles daily for sway bar links missing or being broken.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You all must have quite the inspection process. How did they even check the swaybar bushing to know it needed replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Pa inspection requires a bushing check. Cracked bushings do not fail but if they are completely torn thru then they fail.

Ddays

Hooked
No it would not pass. I fail vehicles daily for sway bar links missing or being broken.

Some shady shit goin over there with inspections. I know this guy with a red 2 door that gets passed with all kinds of janky shit on it :naw:

Top Bottom