Coolant Temperature Rising Issue`

BubbaNene

Hey y'all like I said new to teaching myself, not afraid to learn. Was checking possibilities as to why my temp was rising up to around 220-230 F. Took it in to see if it was a sensor issue, there were no leaks that I could see but they told me it was a Cluster issue. Does anyone have any experience or can push me in the right direction? Can't be seen by the Jeep dealership till around February. Thanks in advance!

wildskyoverland

Standard stuff on long slow speed climbs on hot days from what I've seen (2018 JL Rubicon) I don't see temps that high under normal driving conditions though.

BubbaNene

Standard stuff on long slow speed climbs on hot days from what I've seen (2018 JL Rubicon) I don't see temps that high under normal driving conditions though.
Same when i was in Arizona it was normal, but flat long roaded drives it’s been real strange and still looking for a fix

WJCO

Meme King
More at idle or on road? Check for mud in radiator and condenser. Check that fans are working. Check with a temp laser on both sides of the thermostat and make sure thermostat is opening at normal operating temperature.

BubbaNene

More at idle or on road? Check for mud in radiator and condenser. Check that fans are working. Check with a temp laser on both sides of the thermostat and make sure thermostat is opening at normal operating temperature.
When it’s idling it’s being noticed more, especially when the fan kicks on

SOB

What is the ambient temp when this occurs? Is fan running when coolant temp high? JL fans are LOUD. What is the trans temp when your coolant temp is reaching numbers you state?
I have seen temps like you state when on a climb and working the trans.

BubbaNene

What is the ambient temp when this occurs? Is fan running when coolant temp high? JL fans are LOUD. What is the trans temp when your coolant temp is reaching numbers you state?
I have seen temps like you state when on a climb and working the trans.
I believe around 180, haven’t driven in a couple days due to fear of fucking something up

Sierra Outdoors

I typically see 220-230 in the summer/long incline stretches, but it does seem a bit high given that it's winter (at least in my neck of the woods)

Top Bottom