Coolant System on 3.6

SilverBack

Hello everyone, been a minute since I was last on the forum. Been a little busy moving half way around the world and changing jobs. The family and I now find ourselves in NJ. So while scouring the internet for interesting stuff I can across a YouTube video of a guy saying the 3.6 Pentastar engine has aluminum from the casting of the engine floating around in the coolant after as little as 1k miles.
Has anyone else heard about this?
Thanks and happy Easter.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

medic2283

Hello everyone, been a minute since I was last on the forum. Been a little busy moving half way around the world and changing jobs. The family and I now find ourselves in NJ. So while scouring the internet for interesting stuff I can across a YouTube video of a guy saying the 3.6 Pentastar engine has aluminum from the casting of the engine floating around in the coolant after as little as 1k miles.
Has anyone else heard about this?
Thanks and happy Easter.

Dont think Its aluminum, I think its more casting sand and was a recall at one point. I have a 2012 with the 3.6 no issues with mine but im sure there put there man.

bouche03

You can have someone flush it; it's uncommon for there to be all kinds of gunk deposited in the system that negatively impacts the cooling/heating system.

SilverBack

Mine is fine. 53k miles and no issue at all. Just saw this video and thought scam. Figured I’d pose it to the forum and see if there was anything to it prior to letting my buddy know.

Top Bottom