Cel p0456

jey~ar's_05TJ

New jeep owner here (2005). First time owning a jeep and very much new to 4x4. Bought the rig last week drove for 150 miles to pick it up. After driving it for a couple of days here in town light just came on. Checked it with a scanner and it showed P0456 o. The scanner.
After reading, its referring to a small leak in the Evaporation System. Some says check the fuel cap. I bought a new cap , and tried resetting CEL,
The CEL never came back on but vehicle seems to run rough still. Ill try to drive it more tomorrow and see if CEL goes back on. Need some input if anyone experience this before. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

I smacked my evap canister on my 07 and ever since than I get that code every 130 miles (i will have to replace). Most recommend a factory gas cap here from what Ive seen. Check your fittings andcanister for damage. Other than that from what Ive read here in the past, most say that a smoke test is what will be the best diagnostic aid in trying to find the leak. May be diff with your veh. See if some others chime in good luck with the fix. Hope you find it cheap and easy

aka cavfighter

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I smacked my evap canister on my 07 and ever since than I get that code every 130 miles (i will have to replace). Most recommend a factory gas cap here from what Ive seen. Check your fittings andcanister for damage. Other than that from what Ive read here in the past, most say that a smoke test is what will be the best diagnostic aid in trying to find the leak. May be diff with your veh. See if some others chime in good luck with the fix. Hope you find it cheap and easy

aka cavfighter
Not sure on 06's but at least my tj the evap isn't hittable. Either in a front or rear fender.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jey~ar's_05TJ

Have'nt really check my canister yet due lack of time because of work. And as far as factory caps ill see if i can get one. I can still return the one bought anyways. Thanks for looking out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

Not sure on 06's but at least my tj the evap isn't hittable. Either in a front or rear fender.

Yeah wasnt sure on those but just sharing how it recently affected mine. I was just curious with it being a new ride to the OP so who knows what its been through. Thanks for the correction.

aka cavfighter

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Yeah wasnt sure on those but just sharing how it recently affected mine. I was just curious with it being a new ride to the OP so who knows what its been through. Thanks for the correction.

aka cavfighter
Hey for all I know the later year tj's could have it under like the jk's 😂

Shadowfire

Hi I have an 04 TJ and my CEL was on for evap...turns out the plug on the leak detection pump was pulled apart and therefore not operating with that said my Jeep ran fine just was in a “open loop”mode since the CEL was on...now that you have no light and presumed to be In “Closed loop” the things to look for would be intake/ingnition or fuel..if with the CEL on the Jeep ran fine I would go for an airflow sensor or idle air control when the OBD scanner was connected did it detect any stored codes? Anyway I don’t think your evap is causing your Jeep to run rough it’s basically a emission system looking for fume leaks depending on the year and manufacturer leaks up to 1mm are acceptable I’m not familiar with jeeps run cycle but on other cars I’ve worked on it doesn’t run the leak check with a full tank and some systems don’t run below a 1/4 of a tank and it could require a steady state of driving between 15/20minutes. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom