Cargo storage.

Jackboeker83

Looking for cargo storage ideas for a JLUR. I have a dometic cfx345 I plan on putting back there and some other things. I like the idea of stackable storage and found the Ryobi Link system pictured below. I need to find a way to hold down the fridge and other items. I know companies like goose gear make platforms, slides and storage for the cargo area but looking for other creative ideas.
FD587763-FAFB-46EC-9897-E4AC17A64BA5.jpeg

CalSgt

Hooked
Looking for cargo storage ideas for a JLUR. I have a dometic cfx345 I plan on putting back there and some other things. I like the idea of stackable storage and found the Ryobi Link system pictured below. I need to find a way to hold down the fridge and other items. I know companies like goose gear make platforms, slides and storage for the cargo area but looking for other creative ideas.
View attachment 384013
ARB roller drawer is the best I can offer…. I just tie down my dometic 35 to the roll out top for trips.

the Milwaukee stacking packout bins are appealing too though, but no experience with them

2F4C9A9C-0536-4323-A3D6-6818B8177D76.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like to pack things in bags, kind of like what you see in CalSgt's pic. I break them down by category - essentially, by what I might need. That way I don't have to completely unload my Jeep or pull out a HUGE box to get a simple wrench. Being that the bags are not rigid, they conform to one another and take up a LOT less space and being that they're light and have handles, they are easy to carry if I need to get it to a Jeep down the trail. As far as fluids go, I pack them in ammo cans and my fridge, I just strap it down.

jeeeep

Hooked
I also pack things in tool roll bags or the toughbuilt massive mouth bags. easy to sort tools based on what I need.

I tried the cargo boxes for ease of loading and unloading but it turned out to be a PIA when I needed something and it was always in the bottom crate lol.

If you don't use the cubby storage under the deck, you can get a sheet of plywood to fit the bottom, remove the existing tie-downs, get longer bolts to bolt down the plywood to the existing locations.

I have a smaller piece of plywood I use with US Cargo L-track bolted to it to make a more useful tiedown platform for my use.

Northern Tool also carries this tie-down

71BkjcTBFjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
I also pack things in tool roll bags or the toughbuilt massive mouth bags. easy to sort tools based on what I need.

I tried the cargo boxes for ease of loading and unloading but it turned out to be a PIA when I needed something and it was always in the bottom crate lol.

If you don't use the cubby storage under the deck, you can get a sheet of plywood to fit the bottom, remove the existing tie-downs, get longer bolts to bolt down the plywood to the existing locations.

I have a smaller piece of plywood I use with US Cargo L-track bolted to it to make a more useful tiedown platform for my use.

Northern Tool also carries this tie-down

71BkjcTBFjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I've been procrastinating on getting some L track added to the top of my roller drawer for some time now, using it on a removable piece of plywood is a great idea otherwise.

Top Bottom