CA Smog Cert. with big jeep doesn't fit smog rack

Trail Bud

Hooked
I have to get a smog for my jeep. It's 90" wide tire to tire running Prorocks and Toyo's. The catch is I don't fit on a regular smog rack, so I have to go to a "referee smog station".
I made my appt thinking this will be expensive. It's going to be free!!. At the regular station it would be $85.00.
It should just fit by 1", but if not I need to get smaller tires for the rear.

I'm sure there's some other folks out who will have this issue. Just wanted to let you know. :twocents:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, I had a hell of a time finding a station that would check our Jeep. Finally found one and they were really concerned that it would fly off the dyno. I've had to use a referee station in the past and you should be fine. The only thing I would recommend is trying to find one that isn't a part of a community college. There, they have students doing the work and under close supervison. If they can find something wrong, they will.

Trail Bud

Hooked
Oh man, I had a hell of a time finding a station that would check our Jeep. Finally found one and they were really concerned that it would fly off the dyno. I've had to use a referee station in the past and you should be fine. The only thing I would recommend is trying to find one that isn't a part of a community college. There, they have students doing the work and under close supervison. If they can find something wrong, they will.

Great, I'm going to pierce college. :crazyeyes: But I was there getting info and they're in love with the jeep. They took pictures and stuff. Maybe it will be OK.
That was the main guys concern is flying off the dyno too. I said I'll bring a strap and we can tie it off to the wall. He just laughed.
Would you think the manifold leak cause a issue? Next Tuesday is the big day.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great, I'm going to pierce college. :crazyeyes: But I was there getting info and they're in love with the jeep. They took pictures and stuff. Maybe it will be OK.
That was the main guys concern is flying off the dyno too. I said I'll bring a strap and we can tie it off to the wall. He just laughed.
Would you think the manifold leak cause a issue? Next Tuesday is the big day.

No, a manifold leak will not be an issue unless the tech sees it and then it might be a visual foul. You should otherwise be fine.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I love how Trail Bud just pops in every now and then, and then just pops out.

:cheesy:

How you doing man?

Trail Bud

Hooked
I love how Trail Bud just pops in every now and then, and then just pops out.

:cheesy:

How you doing man?

That's me, in & out. :D
I'm good, maybe a little too busy for comfort. but it's paying the bills.
How about you?
On a side note you going to Moab?

Top Bottom