Butthurt Fuckery - Cougar Buttes Badasses - Body Damage Expected

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
So....Just a few words. Think a few lessons were learned here today. A heavy foot is not your best friend. Listen to the spotter despite what your mind is telling you. We had a great group, full range of ages, skill levels, and willingness to tackle fun obstacles.

To Mike, Greer, and Dean for providing tools, knowledge, and labor to help on the busted 30 w/37s a huge thanks!!!! To Marshall who provided the 1/2 Milwaukee impact [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] worth every penny.

Though we didn’t make it to the big rocks I feel our time was well spent making new friends and general fellowship over jeeping

The decision to call it a day due to sunlight restrictions (getting late) was well received by all and looking back a good choice.

A big thanks to everyone who posted pics.

Baddestcross James entrusting your daughter to drive over the Rocks I’m sure will be a awesome memory well planted for life. It’s little things like this help the next generation find new hobbies other wise forgotten.

Would love to wheel with everyone again. Will post a run after the NewYear.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Originally posted in this lame ass thread:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50066-Return-to-cougar-buttes-2-0-12-16-17

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Lol. And my son who had the pleasure of crawling up the crazy ledge just before the part that you helped my daughter through. 👍

I thought we'd have a bit more time so I'm glad I let them drive when I did. At least they got a taste. It was a wise decision to quit when we did, though.

Thanks for stepping up and pulling things together, Darren... Looking forward to running with everyone on the next one! 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Last edited:

HazMatJK

My Jeep was leaning 6" away from the wall. Nobody was gonna get 'killed' or hurt.

When you ran this trail with us last time Adam (when your wheel came flying off) there were folks on the back of 2 doors so they wouldn't flip forward as they were coming down the face where we had lunch. Now that was worrisome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My Jeep was leaning 6" away from the wall. Nobody was gonna get 'killed' or hurt.

When you ran this trail with us last time Adam (when your wheel came flying off) there were folks on the back of 2 doors so they wouldn't flip forward as they were coming down the face where we had lunch. Now that was worrisome.

Well that was the line that the idiot in the green jeep was sending people. Possible the worst line that someone could take. Nobody wanted to listen that day though. And I don’t remember people on the backs of two doors because I was not going to watch that fuckery unfold.

seansheds

I second that James! Thanks to Darren for stepping up as our leader. You do a great job at it and know where to go! [emoji106]

You are definitely correct that “when in doubt, throttle out” is NOT a good policy. (sorry Jake!)

Also, for any new guys... there’s no need to prove anything out on the trail. Know your limits. Taking a bypass does not make you a p*##y. Think about the rest of the group when you make decisions.

I can’t wait for the next run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HazMatJK

Haha I totally get you Adam. We always try to be as safe as possible and think things through, and not just cowboy it.

You and Jake went over the top when the 2 doors came down and may not have seen it.

Anyways thanks for the advice and pointing that out!

FB_IMG_1513528368013.jpeg FB_IMG_1513528380873.jpeg FB_IMG_1513528409671.jpeg FB_IMG_1513528420875.jpeg FB_IMG_1513528494922.jpeg

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
Return to cougar buttes 2.0 12.16.17

Well that was the line that the idiot in the green jeep was sending people. Possible the worst line that someone could take. Nobody wanted to listen that day though. And I don’t remember people on the backs of two doors because I was not going to watch that fuckery unfold.

IMG_4068.JPG

I get you Adam...who would ever stand around and let this fuckery happen?

kpig

Thanks you, Darren, for organizing the run. It was such a pleasure to meet everyone. Thanks to everyone for spotting, too. I can’t wait for the next trip.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Thanks Darren!! I had an absolute blast. It was a real pleasure meeting and wheeling with everyone. What an awesome group. Can’t wait for the next run. Thanks for all who helped me find my phone. I always learn something new everytime I go out. Like leave my car keys in the ignition, bring a impact wrench and torque wrench, and the most impactful...Mountain House. Definitely gonna try that next time!

NOT my Jeep, but this is what happens when running 37’s on a Dana 30 with 5.13s just to encourage saving money for an axle that can handle what you want.

IMG_3737.jpg IMG_3738.jpg IMG_3740.jpg

I had fun all though I had to lead back him back [emoji51]

BaddestCross

NOT my Jeep, but this is what happens when running 37’s on a Dana 30 with 5.13s just to encourage saving money for an axle that can handle what you want.

View attachment 286482 View attachment 286483 View attachment 286484

I had fun all though I had to lead back him back [emoji51]

Sorry your trip got cut short... Glad you guys made it home safely. 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom