Bumper Thoughts

JOHN73738

Been too long since I posted on here. Sucks how life gets in the way.

Anyone have thoughts on the LOD Offroad Destroyer series bumpers. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the front and rear w/ tire carrier (both full width).

Thanks, and nice to be back.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I don’t personally on them, but I’ve seen them and installed other LOD products and the quality and longevity of their products is great.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Torrin

I have the Destroyer rear on my 4Dr and it is very nice, The carrier works great for 37's as well.

Spazbyt

Hooked
I have the rear destroyer and its built extremely well. The spair tire carrier is extremely beefy I have no doubt that it could take some hard hits. Haveing the tire carrier linked to the tail gate is awesome. Alot of thought and design has apparently went into that system. It was easy to set up and adjust. It just works. The only flaw I could see is there is no limit stop for the tire carrier to swing out. So you could make contact with your tailgate hinges. I made a easy fix with a piece of plastic as a bumper. I think LOD has already addressed this problem though.
20200412_125307.jpg 20200412_125325.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JOHN73738

Thanks all for the quick replies. Going to order today so I can hopefully get them installed before I have to go back to work. Will post pictures when I get them installed. Then I can change rims and get my 35s.

Looking forward to being able to take offroading to the next level.

JOHN73738

Maybe stupid followup. Was set to order and I want the skid plate with it but they do not seem to sell it for the JK, JL and Gladiator only. So...... Anyone know if that works with the JK too or did Jeep change enough that it wont.

red84cj7

I have the rear destroyer and its built extremely well. The spair tire carrier is extremely beefy I have no doubt that it could take some hard hits. Haveing the tire carrier linked to the tail gate is awesome. Alot of thought and design has apparently went into that system. It was easy to set up and adjust. It just works. The only flaw I could see is there is no limit stop for the tire carrier to swing out. So you could make contact with your tailgate hinges. I made a easy fix with a piece of plastic as a bumper. I think LOD has already addressed this problem though.
View attachment 345206 View attachment 345207

I can confirm that LoD did fix this. There is now a limiter on the swing out carrier. I thought I had a picture of it but I can't find it. If you want/need a pic, I can snap one for you.

JOHN73738

So, I called one company to order the Bumpers, both front and rear skid plates and the brake light relocation assy. Answer was we don't carry either skid plate for the JK. Called Northridge 4x4 and got the same answer except they said they will drop ship from LOD, and give me the 20% sale price.

Sold. Someone that wants your business.

wjtstudios

Hooked
So, I called one company to order the Bumpers, both front and rear skid plates and the brake light relocation assy. Answer was we don't carry either skid plate for the JK. Called Northridge 4x4 and got the same answer except they said they will drop ship from LOD, and give me the 20% sale price.

Sold. Someone that wants your business.

Congrats, and supporting a great Company too

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

red84cj7

20% off is a great deal. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on their Destroyer Shorty front bumper with bull bar to match my Destroyer Shorty rear with swing out tire carrier. High quality stuff. Northridge has been good to me as well.

Spazbyt

Hooked
I can confirm that LoD did fix this. There is now a limiter on the swing out carrier. I thought I had a picture of it but I can't find it. If you want/need a pic, I can snap one for you.

Thanks man, if is not a big hassle. I am curious what they did.

Top Bottom