BUMPER RECOMMENDATION

sparks

Looking for recommendations for some new bumpers. Right now I'm stock tires, no lift. Looking to replace the stock bumpers that were damaged in an accident last weekend.

2014 Unlimited Billet Sahara

I prefer Made in USA and seem to gravitate towards the mid width, and I really like the look of the 10A/Hard Rock bumpers.

Feel free to include pics with recommendations. Thanks everyone! And Merry Christmas!

WJCO

Meme King
Looking for recommendations for some new bumpers. Right now I'm stock tires, no lift. Looking to replace the stock bumpers that were damaged in an accident last weekend.

I prefer Made in USA and seem to gravitate towards the mid width, and I really like the look of the 10A/Hard Rock bumpers.

Feel free to include pics with recommendations. Thanks everyone! And Merry Christmas!

Fuckin shit balls I put this in the wrong section. Sorry.

Fuckin shit balls, I moved it for you. :thumb:

Take a look at LOD or EVO.

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

For mid width bumpers, there are plenty of US made options. If it were me, I would look at Full Metal Fabworks, LOD, AEV, Crawler Concepts JCR and Poison Spyder Customs. If your open to grill width bumpers, the EVO Pro series, as well as most of the companies I mentioned earlier, make stubby or grill width bumpers. While not a mid width, I am currently running a Motobilt front bumper with a leveling kit and stock wheels and tires. While that will be changing soon enough, in my opinion the bumper looks way too aggressive for the way the rig sits right now. Something to think about, but if you plan to keep your rig stock for a while, you may want to choose something that looks good but isn't too aggressive. For me, that would be LOD, AEV, Full Metal Fabworks. Let us know what you decide on and post up some pics!
IMG_6453.JPG IMG_5846.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lil Nasty

jfb0713.jpg

This....I love my LOD. If the new ones had the recessed winch mount I'd probably sell my current one and get the newer one with the bull bar to please the wife.

Basscat

If you're running factory fenders and want the clean stock on steroids look it's tough to beat the AEV bumpers. If not, it's wide open with everything that's already been mentioned. Might also include Crawler Conceptz if you the Poison Spyder look. Shrockworks might be another?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

sparks

Thank you all for the suggestions and time to post so far. The insurance adjuster is supposed to come back at me with a number "in a few days" which will be delayed because of the holidays. I'll keep reading this and checking the manufacturer's sites and update here.

I can't wait, as it's my first real mod. So excited!

Coop

Caught the Bug
Just a note on the mid-width. I put the LoD mid-width on my JKU and later went to 37s. Even with a lift, wheel spacers and 3.5 inch back space on slabs, I had to cut over 5 inches off the front bumper to clear the tires at full stuff. I cut it at an angle to maintain the look of the bumper. Just be aware if you ever chose to run bigger tires, you will have to heavily trim the mid-width.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I have the ShrockWorks mid width front bumper. It's an awesome. Well made bumper BUT it took them about 9 months to make it and then ship it to me. Great product if you have the cash and time to wait. Unless they've gotten a lot quicker at manufacturing and started carrying stock ready to paint/powder coat and/or ship.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

dchew

Caught the Bug
Bumper recommendation

Anyone know what bumper this is. Do all recessed bumpers need frame modifications?
View attachment 235615

It's Expedition One Core. Let me know if you want other pictures.

No frame modification required beyond the vacuum pump relocation.

Dave

Edit: About this bumper: the powder coating held up better than any other aftermarket product I have. Big thumbs up for that. I wanted a recessed mid-width with fog light holes and d-ring mounts. Not a lot of bumpers tick all those boxes. One disadvantage with the this bumper and the Zeon is you have to at least loosen the winch to remove the front grill facia. While there are access holes to get wrenches on the bolts, it is still a pain to fight with. You must have Gearwrench-style wrenches. More annoying for me because every time I tighten the winch back up I realize I forgot to put the grill back on first. Rinse and repeat.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom