Bumper/Grill lighting

With a new bumper going on the rig in the next few days, im looking do something different with off road lighting. I currently have a-piller round leds and i hate them there. Too much glare off of a white hood. Id like to either move them somehow to the bumper, or go with a small light bar somewhere in front. It would be helpful to see pics of how other people have done it. Also open to suggestions.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
With a new bumper going on the rig in the next few days, im looking do something different with off road lighting. I currently have a-piller round leds and i hate them there. Too much glare off of a white hood. Id like to either move them somehow to the bumper, or go with a small light bar somewhere in front. It would be helpful to see pics of how other people have done it. Also open to suggestions.

I have the strike force zebra grill mount that fits a 20-22" bar on it. Very simple install.

I have the strike force zebra grill mount that fits a 20-22" bar on it. Very simple install.

Im thinking about the grill mount because i dont have a winch yet. I dont wanna keep moving lights and wiring so id like to put it somewhere that works and leave it.

WJCO

Meme King
Im thinking about the grill mount because i dont have a winch yet. I dont wanna keep moving lights and wiring so id like to put it somewhere that works and leave it.

How soon are you planning on getting a winch? You may want to mount that first then do your lights. Reason being is that you're going to have some big as wires going to your battery when you do the winch. Also, you may want the winch first to determine where you want your lights. If you are able to do them at the same time, it will be easy to zip tie the lighting wires to the winch cables. That's kind of what I did. Having the winch in place definitely painted a better picture on where I wanted lights. Not a JK, but still a similar concept.

How soon are you planning on getting a winch? You may want to mount that first then do your lights. Reason being is that you're going to have some big as wires going to your battery when you do the winch. Also, you may want the winch first to determine where you want your lights. If you are able to do them at the same time, it will be easy to zip tie the lighting wires to the winch cables. That's kind of what I did. Having the winch in place definitely painted a better picture on where I wanted lights. Not a JK, but still a similar concept.

I honestly dont know on the winch. I want to get a good one, but i dont every really wheel alone so its not too pressing. When i do get one i want a good one, but i just blew a wad on the bumper so...lol...may be a bit.

WJCO

Meme King
I honestly dont know on the winch. I want to get a good one, but i dont every really wheel alone so its not too pressing. When i do get one i want a good one, but i just blew a wad on the bumper so...lol...may be a bit.

I hear you there. I was in the same boat. We rarely wheel alone as well, but still wanted something decent. Took us almost a year to get ours.

Pyro1415

I bought a budget 20" with tabs on the bottom then used roofing self tapping screw to drill it into my bull bar. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446954450.537728.jpg

This is my set up with my bumper you could do something similar and have a winch sit inside the bumper and have the light bar covering the top of it ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446971513.486176.jpg

jkwebbie

I just went back and looked at your new bumper to see if the winch sits on top or in the bumper, and since I would sit on top, what I would do is see if a buddy had a spare winch mounting plate/fairlead laying around, borrow it and put that on the bumper as a template and then mount the lights. At least with the mount on there, it gives you an idea of where the winch would be and about how close you could mount the lights to the bumper and not be blocking the winch or anything.

jkwebbie

Also, you could put the lights you have now on the back and get a small 10-20" light bar for the front. I see deals on those all the time on Instagram from companies. And with black Friday just around the corner, there should be some killer deals on those things. Hell I got my 50" on black Friday for more than 1/2 off with free shipping. Check out Tough-lights, that's where I got mine, plus comes with a lifetime warranty

Also, you could put the lights you have now on the back and get a small 10-20" light bar for the front. I see deals on those all the time on Instagram from companies. And with black Friday just around the corner, there should be some killer deals on those things. Hell I got my 50" on black Friday for more than 1/2 off with free shipping. Check out Tough-lights, that's where I got mine, plus comes with a lifetime warranty

I think my plan is to move the others to the back like you said, then id just like a small 10-20" bar on the front. I thought about turning the ones on my pillars out and down also. Idk. Lol

jkwebbie

I think my plan is to move the others to the back like you said, then id just like a small 10-20" bar on the front. I thought about turning the ones on my pillars out and down also. Idk. Lol

Yea I hear ya. What you could do is get a 20 and the mount for the hood, since they seem to move it forward a bit, and use that mount for the bumper. That should push it forward past where the winch would be, I just don't know how far forward it would be, it might hit stuff if it sticks off the bumper too much.

Yea I hear ya. What you could do is get a 20 and the mount for the hood, since they seem to move it forward a bit, and use that mount for the bumper. That should push it forward past where the winch would be, I just don't know how far forward it would be, it might hit stuff if it sticks off the bumper too much.

Yea, im hesitant to do that before i know what winch ill have.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I'm still debating as to if I'm gonna keep mine or not because the stinger blocks the spot portion of my bar a bit. I know you saw it at Rausch but here is another pic of it for you.
With my old bumper
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446990182.851138.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446990240.178261.jpg .
And now
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446990258.503788.jpg .

I'm still debating as to if I'm gonna keep mine or not because the stinger blocks the spot portion of my bar a bit. I know you saw it at Rausch but here is another pic of it for you.
With my old bumper
yup same problem here. The grill mount wouldve been perfect with my RR bumper, but not very well with my new one.

Top Bottom