Build of my JKU

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I've heard every year but that it varies depending on the shock. When I first installed the CO's they only had like 95PSI. Then when I did the 60 swap a year later they were between 75 and 80 psi. So twice in the last 12 to 14 months for me. I know I said 3 times but forget that I had to add nitro to my 2.5s and bumps prior to the CO's. I have yet to see a set of Kings come properly charged out of the box.
So do you think all CO owners should invest in a recharge set up? My new bumps showed up and would stick in the up position, now I am a little concerned what my CO's pressure is set at.

MericaMade

So do you think all CO owners should invest in a recharge set up? My new bumps showed up and would stick in the up position, now I am a little concerned what my CO's pressure is set at.
Empty bumps seems to be the norm? I am looking into my own kit but for right now my buddy has one so he helps me out.
My bumps arrived empty but my CO's came fully charged
I have seen a few sets of bumps show up empty now.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yeah, you’ll need some kind of setup to at the very least check the pressure. A lot of guys have built their own, I didn’t have time for that and bought the power tank version. The important part, other than being able to fill them , is having a pressure gauge that does not release pressure when you take it on or off.

MericaMade

Question on the Evo high cleanrence LA. Could I temporaily run the rear arms to the current Evo rockstar axles mounts? I would just need to do this to get the kit on so I could drive the jeep to a buddies to help cut off and weld on the axles brackets? I assume the arms are long enought just want to make sure first.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Question on the Evo high cleanrence LA. Could I temporaily run the rear arms to the current Evo rockstar axles mounts? I would just need to do this to get the kit on so I could drive the jeep to a buddies to help cut off and weld on the axles brackets? I assume the arms are long enought just want to make sure first.
I’m pretty sure the axle mounts need to be adjusted, Ddays would know for sure

MericaMade

So, I finished up the front LA install this weekend, and all went well. After I was done, I notice the passenger side exhaust that crosses over to the Y pipe in now exposed once you take off the exhaust cross bar. I purchased a new one of those bars because mine was bent to shit and now have a brand new one I can’t use LOL. Have any of you had issues hitting the exhaust without a skid plate? Also, what is a lower price once that will help protect? I really don’t want to spend 500+ on a skid right now.

Ddays

Hooked
So, I finished up the front LA install this weekend, and all went well. After I was done, I notice the passenger side exhaust that crosses over to the Y pipe in now exposed once you take off the exhaust cross bar. I purchased a new one of those bars because mine was bent to shit and now have a brand new one I can’t use LOL. Have any of you had issues hitting the exhaust without a skid plate? Also, what is a lower price once that will help protect? I really don’t want to spend 500+ on a skid right now.
Lol, get the skid - I'll post a pic of mine after last week when I get home tonight skid 1.jpg skid 2.jpg

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Nice!!! Do you have some pictures of the loop flip?

MericaMade

Nice!!! Do you have some pictures of the loop flip?
Nope, cut that fucker out because I couldn't get it to work and just straight piped it. Waiting on a response from AFE to see if there loop relocation works with Evo. Slight difference in sounds but thats all I notice.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Nope, cut that fucker out because I couldn't get it to work and just straight piped it. Waiting on a response from AFE to see if there loop relocation works with Evo. Slight difference in sounds but thats all I notice.
Damn, hopefully that will be okay. I’m hoping to have the LA kit in before I take my Jeep to the muffler shop so I can hand them the bracket too so they can build around it.

MericaMade

Damn, hopefully that will be okay. I’m hoping to have the LA kit in before I take my Jeep to the muffler shop so I can hand them the bracket too so they can build around it.
I kept the loop and may try again if the AFE pipe dosent work but I just got to a point were I could connect A to B and be done and move on.

MericaMade

Don’t do that to yourself. That guy is a joke. Get the evo one. That’s what I had on my silver Jeep too.
You are the second person I've heard say that, what's the issue is it him or his product?

I was looking for lightweight and thinking aluminum but is steel the better option for the skids?

Top Bottom