Build of my JKU

MericaMade

Nope, no need being that nothing should be turning inside. I would say that you can go a very long time before you "need" to change out the fluid up front.
Ready for trail time!!

Thanks Eddie! Heading out to Sand Hollow Monday to get her back on the trail for first time in months. Did a flex test the other day and just finishing up on some small grinding for clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_20210420_163633_182.jpg
    IMG_20210420_163633_182.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210419_165525.jpg
    20210419_165525.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 31

MericaMade

Well I am happy to report back that over a week of wheeling in Sand Hollow only had 3 minor issues. The PSC hose got chewed up between the draglink and tie rod mount and cut it down to the steel core. I had to reroute the lines and was fine for the rest of the trip. Snap ring popped out of one of the Johnny Joints, and I need to put in new steer stops because I bent the stock one and my tires where slightly polishing my frame. Super happy with the new setup.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Well I am happy to report back that over a week of wheeling in Sand Hollow only had 3 minor issues. The PSC hose got chewed up between the draglink and tie rod mount and cut it down to the steel core. I had to reroute the lines and was fine for the rest of the trip. Snap ring popped out of one of the Johnny Joints, and I need to put in new steer stops because I bent the stock one and my tires where slightly polishing my frame. Super happy with the new setup.
Wait, you been at Sand hollow for a week and there are no pictures???

so glad everything worked out! Hell of a place to test it out

MericaMade

So glad it went well! Which way did you have the lines routed?

Up and over the trackbar. When it flexed up the lines slide towards the driver and got chewed up. It did exactly what I thought is was gonna do which pisses me off. I feel the 45 degree connectors would have completely prevented that. I ran them up and over the trans line which gave it more room and holds it from sliding driver.

MericaMade

Well with two successful trips back to back in Sand Hollow, I am happy with the setup. The second trip I learned a lot from the guys and had a great time.

I am going back and forth on Synergy vs Evo long arms but leaning towards Evo.

Also, on the hunt for half doors and looking into either a fastback soft top or bikini top. I fought taking off the doors and tire carrier but man what a different with the way it felt. After finally getting my tire carrier to work properly I hit it so hard I bent it up, back, and in end so now it’s all jacked up and rattles again. I love the way it looks but tired of the issues I have had with it. I have been thinking of going with the EVO hinged mount and just run the hitch stinger, but worried about the 40s on it.

I went out thinking I was done spending money for a while, but Jeff and Jerry had other plans for me LOL.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Well with two successful trips back to back in Sand Hollow, I am happy with the setup. The second trip I learned a lot from the guys and had a great time.

Also, on the hunt for half doors and looking into either a fastback soft top or bikini top. I fought taking off the doors and tire carrier but man what a different with the way it felt. After finally getting my tire carrier to work properly I hit it so hard I bent it up, back, and in end so now it’s all jacked up and rattles again. I love the way it looks but tired of the issues I have had with it. I have been thinking of going with the EVO hinged mount and just run the hitch stinger, but worried about the 40s on it.

I went out thinking I was done spending money for a while, but Jeff and Jerry had other plans for me LOL.
Whoa killer. I am not spending your money. Just gently suggesting ways to improve on a badass set up. It just so happens you agree with those suggestions. 🤷‍♂️

LAJK

You definitely can’t go wrong with a set of half doors. Absolute game changer to say the least! If you decide to go with the hinged carrier I’ve got one laying around.

MericaMade

I’ve got three perfect half doors in your color and one that isn’t so perfect.....
Seriously you gonna sell?

I finally took the hardtop off and installed the Bestop Safari Top and really like it, so much to the point I am thinking of selling the hard top and getting a nice fastback softtop.

For some extra security I had two extra PSC tabs laying around so I decided to weld them on the back seat and make two simple brackets. This is for when the doors come off or when I get half doors you cant just gain access to stuff under the storage deck by folding down the rear seat.

Attachments

• 20210531_161902.jpg
    20210531_161902.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210531_161841.jpg
    20210531_161841.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210529_165928.jpg
    20210529_165928.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210529_165836.jpg
    20210529_165836.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 24

Ddays

Hooked
Seriously you gonna sell?

I finally took the hardtop off and installed the Bestop Safari Top and really like it, so much to the point I am thinking of selling the hard top and getting a nice fastback softtop.

For some extra security I had two extra PSC tabs laying around so I decided to weld them on the back seat and make two simple brackets. This is for when the doors come off or when I get half doors you cant just gain access to stuff under the storage deck by folding down the rear seat.
Unless you're concerned about theft/break-ins, I can't think of many good reasons to keep a hardtop over a nicely made soft top, like the Besttop Twill versions. Mine sat outside for close to 2 years and I finally sold it. Haven't missed it for a second.

MericaMade

Unless you're concerned about theft/break-ins, I can't think of many good reasons to keep a hardtop over a nicely made soft top, like the Besttop Twill versions. Mine sat outside for close to 2 years and I finally sold it. Haven't missed it for a second.
Yeah, I wish there was a offroad show or something going on so I can go and see them first hand. I gotta research it a little more but its the plan in my head now.

Top Bottom