Black Friday Trails

GP NOIR

Hooked
Who's hitting the trails tomorrow for Black Friday and what trails? The wife and I are planning a last minute trip to Sand Hollow for Friday & Saturday.

Anyone else?

Brute

Hooked
Who's hitting the trails tomorrow for Black Friday and what trails? The wife and I are planning a last minute trip to Sand Hollow for Friday & Saturday.

Anyone else?
Have a good time…beats waiting in line at the mall…

Sounds like fun! I work Friday and Saturday. Off Sunday, but still checking some boxes off the list of items to prep on the Jeep for A2Z in a couple weeks.

Post up pics!!!

GP NOIR

Hooked
It wasn't deliberate. The sand constantly changes. The sand I was originally driving on was damp a couple of inches down. Where I got stuck was completely dry blow sand. I was trying to make my way across a small saddle in 2wd, but when I got to the top, the Jeep lost momentum and started digging in. I backed down, then up the other side we came down, dropped it in 4wd and gunned it. Made it a little bit further, but not quite far enough. On the last attempt, I went left to try to go out at a lower point. However, it was dry blow sand and we sank in up to the frame.

8E01AF08-6690-4605-9C44-473858DDC2A3.jpeg

The tire pressure was 15 psi and now that you mention it, I should have aired down further.

Next time!

Last edited:
Top Bottom