Big Bore XD adventure Kit

jorgelrod

Hooked
My next big upgrade is a PSC steering box. I have some slop on my OEM box and now that I'm going to 37's on my next set of tires the choice is pretty much done. I've been looking at this kit and there's a $455 difference between having a ported and non ported box. I'm 95% convinced I won't go over 37's as even living in North Florida the closer OHV parks with rock crawling are at least 6-8 hour drives which make wheeling trips a 1-3 times a year thing. In short daily driving and ocassionally wheeling a rig on 37's is a more reasonable compromise.

Question is is the Regular Big Bore XD 2 in this kit enough for the Jeep on 37's or should I go for a ported unit.

Link to the kit

wjtstudios

Hooked
Theses builds are never done. Order the ported and when you you get wedged and your spotter tells you to turn driver and you can’t move the wheel, You’ll be glad you ordered the ported box instead of have to redo everything to add the Ram that you’ll eventually need.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I currently have the non ported xd box and love it! I daily my Jeep and maybe wheel a few times a year. So far just driving it it is a huge improvement over the stock box! Can’t see any real issues with it while wheeling at this time

jorgelrod

Hooked
Theses builds are never done. Order the ported and when you you get wedged and your spotter tells you to turn driver and you can’t move the wheel, You’ll be glad you ordered the ported box instead of have to redo everything to add the Ram that you’ll eventually need.
Is putting on the synergy brace a must when going this route?

Top Bottom