Best 1-1.5" lift?

RJV

Looking to upgrade the suspension on my Sahara. I don't want a ton of lift since I just got new 33s and don't want them to look too small. I have about 69k miles on it so it's time for an upgrade. I have the OEM steel front bumper and am adding a winch. I have the stock Rubicon rock rails and still stock plastic rear bumper. I am thinking about getting springs off a heavy Rubicon (like a diesel or 4xE) and then Fox 2.0 shocks or Bilstein 5100 (no lift version of either). Down the road I might be interested in 35s (but even with a stock rubi suspensions and trimming the flares I could run those) and I will be adding better rock sliders and a steel rear bumper eventually. My objectives for now are to replace the stock worn out crap with better, improve the ride, and have a suspension that can support the winch. Any alternate ideas? Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can run your Jeep on 33's without any lift but with the addition of the winch you're wanting to add, a set of 1" coil spacers will help things out. That is the least invasive thing you can do and probably the cheapest too. Diesel or 4Xe Rubicon coils will do the same thing too.

RJV

You can run your Jeep on 33's without any lift but with the addition of the winch you're wanting to add, a set of 1" coil spacers will help things out. That is the least invasive thing you can do and probably the cheapest too. Diesel or 4Xe Rubicon coils will do the same thing too.
Thanks! I appreciate you chiming in. What's your opinion on shocks?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! I appreciate you chiming in. What's your opinion on shocks?
If you can get the Rubicon coils, I would run them with the Rubicon shocks. If not and or if you're planning on running spacers, I personally would try the new Rancho RS7MT shocks.

Reactions: RJV

RJV

If you can get the Rubicon coils, I would run them with the Rubicon shocks. If not and or if you're planning on running spacers, I personally would try the new Rancho RS7MT shocks.
Perfect, that sounds like a plan to me. Thank you!

Top Bottom