Beadlock Rings

The BAD Influence

My buddy and I both have KMC beadlocks. His are machete and mine tank. We helped each other mount the tires months ago. Not until a break on a trail at EJS did we notice the difference.
Is one style "better" than the other? If so, could the one with the less desirable ring style, purchase the "better" style and replace them?

Attachments

• 20220418_111329.jpg
    20220418_111329.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220418_111318.jpg
    20220418_111318.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 9
My buddy and I both have KMC beadlocks. His are machete and mine tank. We helped each other mount the tires months ago. Not until a break on a trail at EJS did we notice the difference.
Is one style "better" than the other? If so, could the one with the less desirable ring style, purchase the "better" style and replace them?
I doubt they are interchangeable as they have different inserts for different size bolts. I have then machetes with the inset bolts. I like the better since they are less likely to get jacked up by rocks. I assume they will be harder to remove if they do. Just preference I suppose.

The BAD Influence

I doubt they are interchangeable as they have different inserts for different size bolts. I have then machetes with the inset bolts. I like the better since they are less likely to get jacked up by rocks. I assume they will be harder to remove if they do. Just preference I suppose.
I didn't think about that. We both have some extra bolts, I guess we could compare.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a set from Chamber Pro and KMC Machete, the bolt holes line up but the Chambers have no drainage cutouts on the wheel to match up with the KMC rings

jeeeep

Hooked
if they work, use the proper bolts for that wheel. inset on the machetes are deeper but if they line up and are usable why not use them.

Top Bottom