Auto or Manual

GS-RON

Looking at buying a new JL with a manual transmission. Are there any power delivery or drivability issues with the Manual vs the auto trans?

Thanx Ron

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at buying a new JL with a manual transmission. Are there any power delivery or drivability issues with the Manual vs the auto trans?

Thanx Ron
Not with the transmission. If your axles come with the 3.45 gears, it won't feel like anything to write home about.

Upvote 0

theexpozay

I went with manual in my new rig. Going to be honest... I miss the feel of the clutch and stick. I got it just for the fun. Time will tell if this middle aged man gets tired of if in Tidewater traffic.

Upvote 0

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I drove a manual truck for 10 years before getting my first Jeep. I chose automatic so that I don't have to worry about shifting while trying to get through a rut or climbing a rocky trail. Was it fun driving a stick? Yes! It was fun until I started working dayshift then I was on the roads with everyone else.

Upvote 0

NorsemanZero

Not with the transmission. If your axles come with the 3.45 gears, it won't feel like anything to write home about.
During my research, looks like a first upgrade opportunities to come.

Looking at a 2021 manual Rubicon for my new vehicle. Though my 89 is a manual and still doing well. Though moved to the max tire size at 30” in the manual. still stock gears but makes me wonder about gearing.

So far all stock otherwise.

Upvote 0

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Having a manual is awesome. Love mine in the JK but am sick of it stalling all the time on the rocks. That being said I HATE the manual in the JL platform. Clutch feels awful and the shifting is terrible on anything besides stock tires.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom