ARB Twin Question

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Stupid questions. If you aren’t running lockers, do you still need to buy the little manifold/tank kit?

And if the answer to the first question is “no”, then the second question is whether there is a pressure switch or anything that shuts the twin off automatically if the compressor hose isn’t actually attached to anything.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Follow up questions. Does anyone know of the best place to tap the dash lights in a Gladiator? Have any of you cut up the ARB twin harness to simplify for running without lockers?

Upvote 0

MericaMade

Found this.

The CKMTA12 compressor has a pressure switch-controlled manifold system that regulates pressure between 135 and 150 psi. With 6.16 cfm of airflow, ARB claims this compressor has the highest output of any 12V compressor of this size on the market. ARB was also careful to manage electrical flow and came up with an efficient system that draws 56 amps at maximum airflow and with a 100-percent duty cycle, this compressor will run as long as you need it to.

Upvote 0

fiend

Caught the Bug
Stupid questions. If you aren’t running lockers, do you still need to buy the little manifold/tank kit?

And if the answer to the first question is “no”, then the second question is whether there is a pressure switch or anything that shuts the twin off automatically if the compressor hose isn’t actually attached to anything.
No.
Yes.

Upvote 0

MericaMade

Follow up questions. Does anyone know of the best place to tap the dash lights in a Gladiator? Have any of you cut up the ARB twin harness to simplify for running without lockers?
No on dash lights but Yes on harness, dont do it, just tape it and save it.

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
on harness, dont do it, just tape it and save it.
^Do this. You can easily tape/zip tie the remaining harness and tuck it up somewhere.

As far as your first question, manifold not needed unless you have lockers. However, you will need some kind of air chuck because the compressor doesn't come with one.

arb-0740112_zj_xl.jpg

If you buy ARB's air kit with the hose, it comes with that air chuck:

57aaadc8-bbab-4c1a-a6fa-f5535f13c63f.jpg

Not sure on the dash light illumination. Haven't done any of those mods myself. I wonder if you could easily tap in under the center console where the illuminated cup holders are.

Upvote 0

CalSgt

Hooked
Follow up questions. Does anyone know of the best place to tap the dash lights in a Gladiator?

Tail light harness or trailer harness would be a decent spot to tap into, assuming you are mounting the switch in the bed somewhere... I cut all of the switch and illumination stuff out of my harness and am just using the factory switches to power the compressor relay.

I tapped my back up light wires behind the tail lights to power some extra lights in my bumper, and ran back up lights to my trailer plug.

I think I have a rubber cover that will fit over the ARB chuck like a dust boot somewhere, I had to order a pack of 4 when I bought one for mine. I'll send you one if you want.

Upvote 0

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I hadn’t thought about the taillights. That’s a great idea. Thanks for the offer on the cover. I may take you up on that but I first need to figure out if it will work with the ARB recessed panel I bought.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom