ARB twin and 5 gallon tank

noroad

Does anyone have a 5gallon tank getting filled by a ARB twin? or is that to much? just scored a 5 gallon tank for sort money was gona put it on my table for tires and tools.

Does anyone have a 5gallon tank getting filled by a ARB twin? or is that to much? just scored a 5 gallon tank for sort money was gona put it on my table for tires and tools.

My plan was to run a twin with a 3gal tank. It should be fine if you have the low cfm tools.

noroad

My plan was to run a twin with a 3gal tank. It should be fine if you have the low cfm tools.

ya i have some low CFM tools, was mainly thinking tires tho, do you think its worth it for them? (the ladies jeep doenst have a compressor yet, keep some stress off the arb for 2 rigs)

ya i have some low CFM tools, was mainly thinking tires tho, do you think its worth it for them? (the ladies jeep doenst have a compressor yet, keep some stress off the arb for 2 rigs)

The compressor will be fine solo. You add a tank and it will only help. :yup:

T&ERun

LOSER
I run a 2 gallon tank. I'm not sure if it's really worth it to run tanks on a Jeep. As soon as I start to fill a tire the compressor kicks on, almost within 2 seconds. With a 5 gallon maybe it will take a few more seconds to kick on, not sure.

I run a 2 gallon tank. I'm not sure if it's really worth it to run tanks on a Jeep. As soon as I start to fill a tire the compressor kicks on, almost within 2 seconds. With a 5 gallon maybe it will take a few more seconds to kick on, not sure.

Which compressor your run? Do you just use it for tires? Have you run any tools on it? Just curious. Thanks!

BigBoy

Without an air pressure regulator, the twin will kick on as soon as air starts to used from the tank. You would have to install a regulator if you want it to wait to kick in. With a 5 gallon tank though it's not going to make much difference to be worth the effort.

Top Bottom