Anyone available in OC?

NME

Alright so I have tried just about everything to get the nut off the bolt of the drag link. The bolt biters aren't working, my flat punch just got jacked up, and heat did nothing to help get that damn thing off. Tried using an Allen wrench to hold the bolt in place while using a box wrench to take it off and it didn't do anything either, the nut just spins in place. I tried hammering a pickle fork on the bottom to see if I could get the nut to separate a little bit from the pitman arm, but it didn't work either. Looking for anyone in the Irvine / Orange County area who has a cutting tool to swing through and help me cut this thing off. I was a chef and make a hell of a dinner, or if COVID concerns I can just throw you some cash to swing in and cut it off. It can be whenever you're available, the Jeep isn't going anywhere. I've reached out to over a dozen "mobile" mechanics and every single one said they can't help with it. So I came to you guys. If this is supposed to be in the sales forum, I apologize to the mods.

NME

Wish I could help. Have looked into a nut splitter.?
I haven't actually, but I will check it out now. I just watched a small video on it and it might actually work. I was going to caveman it with a chisel and a hammer, but one of those bad boys might work. Thank you for the suggestion. Much appreciated.

That’s odd a road service or mobile mechanic wouldn’t be interested.

Anyhoo. Good luck man. Hope someone that is local can help you out.

Reactions: NME
Top Bottom