Anti-lock brakes pulsing in 4 Low?

Hey all, I have a question about the four wheel drive system on my JLUR. When I’m in 4 low and slowly crawling through mogul-like obstacles, where the axles get crossed up, I hear a grinding noise and feel hesitation at the wheels. I know I’m not rubbing anywhere because it’s done this since the first weekend out when I bought it new with stock 33s and no lift.

I’m almost positive that it’s the anti-lock brakes pulsing for some reason. It happens whenever the axles are crossed up on medium to really uneven terrain. It'll never occur when I’m crawling rocks or any other steep inclines.

So, is this normal or not? How can I turn it off or do something to eliminate the behavior?

Thanks! 👍

Ahhh, ok. 😂 So it doesn’t engage when the lockers are on, that explains why I don’t hear it on the rocks. Guess I don’t want to disable it then. Haha. Thank you!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhh, ok. 😂 So it doesn’t engage when the lockers are on, that explains why I don’t hear it on the rocks. Guess I don’t want to disable it then. Haha. Thank you!
LOL - it's the only thing that Pippi's got and surprisingly, it works extremely well. Not a locker by any means but I'm always amazed at what it can do.

LOL - it's the only thing that Pippi's got and surprisingly, it works extremely well. Not a locker by any means but I'm always amazed at what it can do.
Yeah, now that I know what it is, I get it. You’ve mentioned it before in past videos but I never heard the sound so didn’t equate it being the traction control. Good to know.

Top Bottom