Almost ran my own ass over...

ScoobyCarolanNC

I don’t know WHAT just happened. Pulled into my driveway like I have a million times. Top was down & Pink Floyd was on the radio so I let her run. Flipped up the top & locked the drivers side. Walked around to the passenger. Door was locked. Walked back to the drivers side & unlocked it, then jumped in the passenger seat. I still have the door open, locked the passenger side top & shut off the engine. THE BITCH STARTS ROLLING BACKWARD.

Panic. WTF do I do? I jump out. Nope, idiot jump back in & stop it. My driveway isn’t too steep but still she’s rolling. I get a leg over the console but can’t reach the brake pedal. PANIC I’M IN THE ROAD. the e-brake is under my ass. I’m in an out of control Jeep rolling backwards. Slam it in Park!!!! NOTHING???

SMASH! Reach under my taint & barely get the e-brake up. I thought I’d hit my across the street neighbors truck. Nope? Get out. Neighbors are outside now. I can see I’m in their flowers & the whole thing washes over me. I say sorry about the flowers & explain. Now my wife is outside in her PJs. So I start her up & start to pull back into my driveway. This time I feel & hear the crushing of their mailbox....

Anyway. Be safe out there. I’m fine, my jeeps scratched, & I gotta go buy a frigging mailbox & pole. I’m still not sure WTF happened...

Just be careful out there.

~Scooby

Seen this many times. Hell my car has been hit twice by the person in front of me thinking they put it in park but actually put in reverse or neutral.

Always always always slam the Ebrake to the ground or yank on the lever to the sky before you exit the vehicle.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Am I the only one confused? You left it running to get out and open the passenger door to go back to the driver side to turn it off? :thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was too at first. But if he has a four door he was locking in the part of the soft top above the b-pillar on the passenger side. Why it was still running I have no idea.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Seen this many times. Hell my car has been hit twice by the person in front of me thinking they put it in park but actually put in reverse or neutral.

Always always always slam the Ebrake to the ground or yank on the lever to the sky before you exit the vehicle.

Damn tailgater [emoji6][emoji23]

ScoobyCarolanNC

Am I the only one confused? You left it running to get out and open the passenger door to go back to the driver side to turn it off? :thinking:

I left it running to listen to the radio while I put the top up. After lowering the top & doing the driver’s side latch I walked to the passenger side. That door was locked & since the key was in I had to walk back to the drivers side to unlock the doors. Then walked back to the passengers side to finish the top.

~Scooby

ScoobyCarolanNC

I’ve had a rough week personally & I was 100% sober when this happened. My driveway is poured slabs of concrete & over the years they have shifted. I think my rear tire was caught on an edge that prevented it from rolling forward at idle. Once I killed the power it was over.

I’m 41 & never done anything like this before.

~Scooby

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’ve had a rough week personally & I was 100% sober when this happened. My driveway is poured slabs of concrete & over the years they have shifted. I think my rear tire was caught on an edge that prevented it from rolling forward at idle. Once I killed the power it was over.

I’m 41 & never done anything like this before.

~Scooby

Getting senile. Nope, it’s easy to do. I’ve never had one get away, but I’ve left one in Drive, a few times, over the years.

Top Bottom