Alignment help

Mossyoak

I recently installed a mopar 2" lift on 35" yokohama geolandar x-at i had it dealer aligned afterwards. The best way i can describe the steering is its almost like lane assist in my wifes car the steering wheel on some roads likes to twist in my hand. i noticed the tires have some unusual wear signes. tire passenger.jpg tire driver.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
UNLESS you have adjustable components, the only thing an alignment shop will do is charge you to recenter your steering wheel. Your kit does NOT come with adjustable components and some of what you're feeling is most likely due to too little caster. Adjustable front lower control arms will allow you to add a bit more back in.

CalSgt

Hooked
Looks like the inner edge of the tire is scuffing and the outer edge is not wearing at all (still has the molding teets on it)...

My internet mechanic skills lead me to believe too much toe out. Did they give you a print out of the alignment specs before and after?

kevman65

Hooked
UNLESS you have adjustable components, the only thing an alignment shop will do is charge you to recenter your steering wheel...........
And unfortunately, if you DO have adjustable components, most regular alignment shops STILL won't do a TRUE alignment unless they have a 4x4 specific person on staff.
But they'll sure sure as hell charge you for it.

Sgt_USMC

An “easy” way to check the toe is to put the front axle on jack stands, remove the tires, take two long pieces of angle iron and place them tightly against the hub. They should extend past the brake rotor both in front and back of the axle. Use a tape measure between the tow pieces. Measure in front of the axle and behind it. The difference is your toe measurement. If you do this, post the two measurements.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks like the inner edge of the tire is scuffing and the outer edge is not wearing at all (still has the molding teets on it)...

My internet mechanic skills lead me to believe too much toe out. Did they give you a print out of the alignment specs before and after?
I agree with this. Toe out too much.

Mossyoak

I do not have a print out. I did add a little more toe in.

Top Bottom