Ain't playin

17JKUGobi

300 bucks for brackets to hang my doors while they're off. What are other economy minded people using? I saw in one of Eddie and Cindy's garage vids that they had hangers that were supporting 2 doors each, which would be ideal except the ones I found at a big box hardware bent under the weight of one door. In addition to a lot of weight, that's a lot of money hanging there! I'd rather not find them laying on the floor. As always, thanks for any good advice.

Solution
Did you make sure that the screw eyes were driven in AT LEAST 2"? That is what I state in the video and in the write-up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you make sure that the screw eyes were driven in AT LEAST 2"? That is what I state in the video and in the write-up.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
Solution

17JKUGobi

I missed that one... I saw them in the background in the LoD rock slider install video. My Lowe's has been out everything but the most flimsy, thin walled tubing brackets you can imagine. But yes, I used 1/4" lags 3" long with washers.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I missed that one... I saw them in the background in the LoD rock slider install video. My Lowe's has been out everything but the most flimsy, thin walled tubing brackets you can imagine. But yes, I used 1/4" lags 3" long with washers.
Well, drive them in all the way to the point where just the eye is showing and I can guarantee you that you won't see any bending. If you're still concerned, use a bigger screw eye. :)

Upvote 0

17JKUGobi

This jank... but I was hoping for other ideas since I can't find hd hardware locally.

Attachments

• 20210924_114635.jpg
    20210924_114635.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0

17JKUGobi

I appreciate the feedback. What Eddie built will work. I was just hoping to hang all 4 in the same space. Might still, if I change his design some.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom