Aftermarket Seat Install: Seatbelt Air Bag Warning Lights

Kennman

I installed some Corbeau seats in my 2010 JKU Monday night. I have not gotten harnesses belts yet, and I took the wiring harness w/ it's multiple connectors and reinstalled the original seat belts, but the warning lights still came on. There was one connector that was pushed onto a metal tab under the seat. Was that possibly a ground? The warning lights turn on and off as I drive down the road. Fortunately, I did the cheat code to turn the dinging off and not have to use a bottle opener in the seat belt clip. I've wiggled wires and got the lights to turn off, but I keep going back to thinking that the one connector is some sort of ground. Any thoughts?

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I still have my seatbelt and airbag lights on after my aftermarket seats, harnesses, and steering wheel. You get kinda used to it after while. Eventually I'll dig into it and see if I can get them to switch off, but its well down my priority list.

From my understanding there's seatbelt sensors, seat position sensors, and an occupant sensor for the passenger side. All these sensors talk to the Jeep and operate a multi-stage airbag deployment or the driver and/or passenger airbag. You have to fool all of those sensors to get those lights off.

Honestly, every fellow JK owner I've asked about it just deals with the lights.

Kennman

I still have my seatbelt and airbag lights on after my aftermarket seats, harnesses, and steering wheel. You get kinda used to it after while. Eventually I'll dig into it and see if I can get them to switch off, but its well down my priority list.

From my understanding there's seatbelt sensors, seat position sensors, and an occupant sensor for the passenger side. All these sensors talk to the Jeep and operate a multi-stage airbag deployment or the driver and/or passenger airbag. You have to fool all of those sensors to get those lights off.

Perhaps that was the position sensor that was mounted onto the tab, It makes some sense, and why it would turn on and off intermittently as I'm driving.

unplug…. The light…
1B5A9FA4-36F7-48F9-A7B6-7E92B7C5C4E2.jpeg

Kennman

It turns out that the one connector that was secured to a metal tab under the stock seat was a position sensor for the air bags. Also, one of the locking mechanisms was not in place on one of the connectors. So, all is now good, and there is no air bag or seat belt warning light on the dash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom